Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got really crazy with these!:biglaugh:
Would love some C&C. :)

11-29-15 045.jpg

11-29-15 046.jpg

The second one almost looks like a dragon ;)
Like these abstract trees :p
How did you do this?

Cheers

The second one almost looks like a dragon ;)
Like these abstract trees :p
How did you do this?

Cheers

I shot these at 1/10sec f10. For processing I used LightRoom, setting the "Clarity" at 100 and then upped the contrast to around 25. I think that's all I did. :)
I really just played with them, until I liked it. ;)

Thanks for sharing. Always good to stretch and be creative--that's the difference between an artists and a craftsperson. I like the first one a lot....the second, not so much.

Here's my thinking (for what it's worth): when you do a long exposure like this, you're emphasizing motion. So the motion should be something that is tells a story. The first photo, everyone would look at that and go "oh, grass being blown in the wind" and they may even fill in the gaps...seashore in winter, cold wind blowing in off the ocean, gray sky, deserted beach, etc....none of which are in the photo but your art suggests those elements to viewers. That makes it a powerful and successful photo.

When I looked at the second photo (b/c of the motion) my first reaction was that you set a long exposure of a stationary object and then you unintentionally jiggled the camera. The movement pattern isn't as flowing, it's much more chaotic or appear to have a consistent pattern. I'm guessing it is a tree?

Thanks for sharing. Always good to stretch and be creative--that's the difference between an artists and a craftsperson. I like the first one a lot....the second, not so much.

Here's my thinking (for what it's worth): when you do a long exposure like this, you're emphasizing motion. So the motion should be something that is tells a story. The first photo, everyone would look at that and go "oh, grass being blown in the wind" and they may even fill in the gaps...seashore in winter, cold wind blowing in off the ocean, gray sky, deserted beach, etc....none of which are in the photo but your art suggests those elements to viewers. That makes it a powerful and successful photo.

When I looked at the second photo (b/c of the motion) my first reaction was that you set a long exposure of a stationary object and then you unintentionally jiggled the camera. The movement pattern isn't as flowing, it's much more chaotic or appear to have a consistent pattern. I'm guessing it is a tree?

Thanks! this really helps, so I need all the input I can get! :)

I prefer the second mostly because the texture and contrast. The bright area in the upper left I think makes it a bit unbalanced, so you might consider cropping just a bit on the left (10-15%?).

I like the first shot a lot! The second one, I think with different processing and cropping might become a decent abstract, but as is...I'm just not feeling it.

I like the first shot a lot! The second one, I think with different processing and cropping might become a decent abstract, but as is...I'm just not feeling it.

Thanks! :)
I will mess with the second one. :)

I prefer the second mostly because the texture and contrast. The bright area in the upper left I think makes it a bit unbalanced, so you might consider cropping just a bit on the left (10-15%?).

Maybe a 1x1 crop would do it, the square crop may give more of a art fell. :) Thanks, you are very right about the left side.

Most reactions

Back