Very first roll of B&W film, just printed the prints.

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are 2 pictures from my Ilford 400 B&W roll. I dont really remember the specs other than being 1 stop above 0 on the light meter.

original.jpg

original.jpg

I just developed the prints today. The first one was 16 seconds @ f11, then used the developing machine to process the print. I dont remember the specs on the 2nd one, I think it was 12 seconds at f11.

Please let me know what you think. :0).

These are very nice for your first roll!

I like the second one so much, I'd give anything if that truck hadn't parked right in front. The building has such a nice texture-y look to it. :cry:

I like the shadows on #1. Looks like pretty good exposure on both of them.
You had a good outcome on your first try - hope you continue with B&W!!
:D

terri said:
These are very nice for your first roll!

I like the second one so much, I'd give anything if that truck hadn't parked right in front. The building has such a nice texture-y look to it. :cry:

I like the shadows on #1. Looks like pretty good exposure on both of them.
You had a good outcome on your first try - hope you continue with B&W!!
:D

Ive done 2 more rolls of B&W but I doubt Ill be posting anything from them, since they were in studio and using studio lights so I had to take pictures of a helmet, pineapple and what have you, boring stuff. :0)

Thanks for the compliments. *Smiles*. I almost had a picture of a Church developed last night but as I was doing my test strip the teacher said to start packing up, luckily I grabbed a 2nd sheet to do the final picture with, but the button sticks on the enlarger I was at and it over exposed the picture and it was all black, and the teacher had locked away the rest of the paper. Such a shame, hehe. Perhaps next friday.

they look good Gerry!
like #1 the most.

what equipment and chems did you use ?

jack said:
they look good Gerry!
like #1 the most.

what equipment and chems did you use ?

equipment for developing or for everything? Ill answer for everything just incase thats what you meant.

Canon Rebel 2000
Illford 400 HR5 B&W film
No filters

Generic developer for the B&W film that the college proivided.
11 minutes in the developer
2 minutes in the stop
4 minutes in the fix
10 minutes in the wash

at the enlarger, the test strip done at f8 indicated it would take 8 seconds onthe first one and 6 seconds on the 2nd one. Since the teacher said not to do it for less than 10 seconds, I doubled the time and cut the aperature in half so I did f11 for 16 and 12 seconds.

Then used the automated machine to develop the pictures, so it only took a minute and a half instead of the long process of putting it in the phtoo developer, stop and bath and wash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back