Very first shoot

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

These pics were my very first shoots so they are not very good. Would like to get some C&C.

I love cars and bikes, so why not capture them on my new T1i!
Shots were taken with a T1i and a 55-250mm Canon lens. These are the type of shots I would like to concentrate on.

4258757616_d09b269037_b.jpg

4258055727_b0fc8ba9c5_b.jpg

4258093601_d127df68b7_b.jpg

4263483315_e31490c2aa_b.jpg

4263490957_58c3c5bbc4_b.jpg

#3 is clean, however could have given the pic a more headroom there is a lot of space towards the bottom however the golden hour light is PRIMO! As for you moving shots, they are a little soft, what settings are you shooting in?

ALIAS

^^^thanks for the comments. I am in shutter mode. I believe in that shot it was on a 1/80 shutter speed and ISO 200.

What do you mean to soft?

one thing I've leared when shooting cars which isn't very often is you really need to control the reflections. The cars are usually so clean that the sky easily bounces off of them making the reflection cover half of the shot.

Good pics though.

Soft can be definded as maybe a little fuzzy in the details.

^^^Thanks. I've been told that my use of "the rule of thirds" is quite off, my next shoot, I will be making a better effort to correct it.

x2 on the reflection. It blocks the detail on the car..

With your rolling shots, try shoot a little wider, then crop afterwards when your processing the photos so atleast the car wont be cut. Also on your next shoot work on your composition and angling of the car.

Heres a few links you might get some ideas of.
www.mariusaasheim.com this guy has awesome bmw shots, and hes up on here too
My photos arent good but heres my flickr anywayFlickr: Carlo|Thirdson's Photostream
Flickr: Nike SB'd's Photostream
Hasback Photography Online

Anyway your first three pics are quite nice..Keep the car shots coming.

x2 on the reflection. It blocks the detail on the car..

With your rolling shots, try shoot a little wider, then crop afterwards when your processing the photos so atleast the car wont be cut. Also on your next shoot work on your composition and angling of the car.

Heres a few links you might get some ideas of.
www.mariusaasheim.com this guy has awesome bmw shots, and hes up on here too
My photos arent good but heres my flickr anywayFlickr: Carlo|Thirdson's Photostream
Flickr: Nike SB'd's Photostream
Hasback Photography Online

Anyway your first three pics are quite nice..Keep the car shots coming.

I have seen www.mariusaasheim.com pics on here. They sure are a work of art.

I took some night pics last night, can't say that I am really happy with them. I shot with a tripod last night and I gotta say, I don't really like it. I am more of a versatile, on the fly shooter. I was lugging the tripod around the whole night. It did allow me to shoot at much lower ISO.

Guess we'll see, I'll load some pics after I make a few saturation/level adjustments.

Most reactions

Back