The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The ergonomics work great for me, focus is fast enough for street shooting.
and I think I will go with the Zeiss 24-70 f4 for my basic lens.
Most important for me, it fits my hands better and there are two rear thumb wheels for adjusting EC and A.
Images look great.
Just need to look at it again to answer some questions and I'll probably push the button.

Heard nothing but good things about it. Except the weight. Do you notice it?

I guess I should qualify that........... I think it's about 1/2 pound heavier than its predecessor.

Every forum and website I visit, Sony always shows up as the newest and most advanced available.

My friend sent me a couple of full frame tiffs and the quality of the image was glorious.
He is taking that and a regular A7 (as backup) to Laos in February with me.

I think this is what some in this Forum would call "The Dark Side".
Yes let the darkness ravage your mind with mind boggling image quality

The ergonomics work great for me, focus is fast enough for street shooting.
and I think I will go with the Zeiss 24-70 f4 for my basic lens.
Most important for me, it fits my hands better and there are two rear thumb wheels for adjusting EC and A.
Images look great.
Just need to look at it again to answer some questions and I'll probably push the button.
bingo.

i screwed up buying my 7100 in a way, i looked at my purpose for the camera without contemplating how it felt in my hands and how much i actually LIKED it. It was like buying a practical necessity not a WANT.
Not to say i regret the purchase, but for now on i am buying what I LIKE that feels good and RIGHT to me not off just specs and use.

photography is a personal thing and having a camera that doesn't "fit " right really kills that. If this camera FITS you , then hell yeah go for it as the right fit will only improve your experience AND effect your photos and creativity.

Yes, Sony sometimes prefer style to function, but this camera is surprisingly good ergonomically. I felt great in my hands.

I don't know how the dials on the original A7 top deck were arranged but the totally crucial point for me with the A& II was the thumb wheels for both EC and aperture both usable.
On my OMD I actually need to 'hold' the dial to change the aperture - and that is a real negative.
Shooting in rapidly changing light means EC management.

I don't know how the dials on the original A7 top deck were arranged but the totally crucial point for me with the A& II was the thumb wheels for both EC and aperture both usable.
On my OMD I actually need to 'hold' the dial to change the aperture - and that is a real negative.
Shooting in rapidly changing light means EC management.
Easy on the A7 can be moved with just the edge of your thumb

Most reactions

Back