Very interesting new camera....

i have been keeping my eye out on this one. I wish they had kept the leather strip shown at the photo show. Silly me.

i will be checking it out in person when it gets to my camera store as i want a walk around in the pocket type camera rather than always lugging around a lot of equipment.

what i really love is the sensor size

i have been keeping my eye out on this one. I wish they had kept the leather strip shown at the photo show. Silly me.

i will be checking it out in person when it gets to my camera store as i want a walk around in the pocket type camera rather than always lugging around a lot of equipment.

what i really love is the sensor size

I can't find the sensor size anywhere, do you have a link? Or what size is it?

I can't find the sensor size anywhere, do you have a link? Or what size is it?

The Olympus Pen D-P1 is a micro4/3rds camera. Its sensor is the same size as the other micro 4/3rd and standard 4/3rds cameras and its lens mount is the same as the Panasonic micro4/3rds models, the G-1 and GH-1. It has a "crop factor" of 2x, though it should be noted that the 4/3rds formats are 4:3 ratio formats and not the 2:3 format of 35mm. As a result, the comparision of FOV applies only to diagonal measure. When considering the horizontal or vertical FOV, the crop factor is different.

Technically, the Panasonic GH-1 has a different, larger sized sensor than the other 4/3rds format cameras. When shooting in the standard, for 4/3rds, aspect ratio its it uses the same sensor area as the others. When shooting in 2:3 or 16:9 though, it uses a wider portion of the sensor giving a slightly greater sensor area than the other 4/3rds in similar aspect ratios since they merely crop the 4:3 ratio image to achieve the other aspect ratios.

i don't remember which link talked about the sensor size. i have read so many. i was lead to believe that the sensor was to be closer to the aps size found in the dslr.

i certainly didn't mean to imply that the new pen is any different than other 4:3 systems, but that it is suppose to be a larger sensor than the consumer point and shoot camera.

For myself. i have been wanting to replace an older coolpix camera. I have been looking at the g10, and i did take a look at the gh-1 which is larger than my needs as i already have several other cameras .

the sigma dp is suppose to have one of the largest sensor in the point and shoot range, which attraches me, but other than that i have seen much else to encourage me to purchase.

The standard zoom lens on it with a 14mm being the wide angle implies it's the same size as current 4:3rds cameras. This suggests a crop factor closer to 2ish I think. But I am speculating here. Definitely is the same lens range that is bundled with the Olympus E-410 but I know nothing about that system.

The standard zoom lens on it with a 14mm being the wide angle implies it's the same size as current 4:3rds cameras. This suggests a crop factor closer to 2ish I think. But I am speculating here. Definitely is the same lens range that is bundled with the Olympus E-410 but I know nothing about that system.

4/3rds and micro 4/3rds cameras have exactly the same size sensor (17.3x13.0 mm, crop factor=2).

Most reactions

Back