Very much a novice.

Theeikon16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was just a spur of the moment picture I took early in the morning. Tell me what you think of it. The camera i used was a Sony DSC-T30.
DSC00826-600.jpg

Hi Theeikon, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
To my mind, there is just way too much black at the bottom. It does not tell us anything and is totally unimportant for the photo.
The sky looks impressive, though the top part seems to be too bright, though I am not sure if it really is (with the bottom part so black) :scratch:

Maybe a good crop would help this photo.
It looks like you took it while you yourself were in a a train or car or anything else that moved past, too. Were you? It does not look thought over and well composed, it looks very spur-of-the-moment. One could also say it was mere snapped...!??!

I agree.

If I were you I'd cut off atleast half of the black space at the bottom. Other than that I think it has a nice composition. Just a thought.

Agree with LaFoto, although I would add that there's nothing wrong (for me at least) with a snap if it captures a moment that would be otherwise lost. However, you should try post-processing to make the most of what you have (e.g. cropping out the black, making things that should be vertical, vertical).

Crop might help. Not really capturing much.

The colors at the top are nice, and [for once] I like having power lines in the photo, but I really do agree with LaFoto. The black in the bottom just tears a lot away from the rest of it.

Most reactions

Back