Very new to this...

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
2020.jpg

I am very new to portrait work and am really still in the experimental stage. I am curious what you guys think of this....All comments will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

I like this. The focus and tones are good. Pretty model. You? What kind of lighting did you use? And I have to ask about the hair color??? : )

I think you're on the right track and it's a great step into the world of portraits. The lighting seems a bit flat to me, what kind of set up were you using? She's got a nice expressiong and seems to enjoy being in front of the camera.

danny said:
I like this. The focus and tones are good. Pretty model. You? What kind of lighting did you use? And I have to ask about the hair color??? : )

Hi Danny and thanks for your comments! Yes, very pretty model, no not me, a friend of mines daughter. The "hair" is a wig. I used to be a costumer and have loads of wigs and such.

Alison it's funny but she was so very shy, I tell you I had to "work" this girl. She is so pretty though and the camera loved her. Thank you for your comments they are appreciated.

As for the lighting I used 2 photo floods 250w each temp 3200. Any suggestions for proper lighting will be greatly appreciated. Because I don't exactly know what you mean about the lighting being flat but I think I "see" what you are talking about. How do I correct this in the future?

Pete, thank you for your comments, again any and all suggestions on improving the lighting will be appreciated. :)

sorry, but have to ask - is she wearing anything besides the wig? I took a shot like this for a senior portrait (closeup with bare shoulders) - the mom said she looked naked! I assured her nothing was removed. here - I'll post it (actually you can barely see a shirt strap:

senior1.jpg

photo gal said:
As for the lighting I used 2 photo floods 250w each temp 3200. Any suggestions for proper lighting will be greatly appreciated. Because I don't exactly know what you mean about the lighting being flat but I think I "see" what you are talking about. How do I correct this in the future?

Pete, thank you for your comments, again any and all suggestions on improving the lighting will be appreciated. :)

Sorry for the late reply on this! For lighting, depth is created by the use of shadows. If you use two lights and evenly light your subject you get a propery exposed photo, but it's flat. Try moving one of the lights at an angle and farther away and using umbrellas to either reflect/bounce/diffuse the light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back