Very strong vignetting on sony nex 5r

OndraSnow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi
I have a big problem with vignetting on my sony nex 5r. It is really diaturbing on photos and even more on videos. It is normal or is something wrong with camera?

What lens(es) are you using on the camera and can you show us any photos to give us an idea of what you're seeing

Im using classic 18-55mm lens and i can show some photos tonight.

There are some images. All are shooted at 18mm and f3,5. When im at shiny place, it isnt that bad, but when im in normal lighted indoor it is really bad.

Attachments

• DSC06417.JPG
    DSC06417.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 256
  • DSC06419.JPG
    DSC06419.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 264
  • DSC06416.JPG
    DSC06416.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 274
  • DSC06417.JPG
    DSC06417.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 275
  • DSC06419.JPG
    DSC06419.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 266
Wide angle lenses tend to show more vignetting in general than telephoto but those results do seem rather extreme for the standard lens with the camera body. Are you sure that you've not enabled some in-camera editing feature that adds its own vignetting effect to photos?

VERY STRONG vignetting!!! Almost looks like the incorrect lens hood is being used.

Look at the Lens Comp: Shading camera menu setting mentioned above; if that is set to OFF, the light fall-off will be bad.

VERY STRONG vignetting!!! Almost looks like the incorrect lens hood is being used.

Look at the Lens Comp: Shading camera menu setting mentioned above; if that is set to OFF, the light fall-off will be bad.
I thought the same thing earlier and had thought about asking what aftermarket hood was on the lens.

Looks to be more prominent at upper left in the pics of the door. Does this happen at all focal lengths?

So this morning i figured out what was the problem. I had turned on some toy camera all the time :D. Because i have two aplications for filters (one is downloaded and one is there from the beginning). I checked only that downloaded app, but not that second app. Now i feel quite stupid :-D

So this morning i figured out what was the problem. I had turned on some toy camera all the time :D. Because i have two aplications for filters (one is downloaded and one is there from the beginning). I checked only that downloaded app, but not that second app. Now i feel quite stupid :-D
There should be a thread called "I can't believe I did that!" I think it would be hard to find people with nothing to contribute. I've awarded myself a "Photo Darwin Award" a few times.

So this morning i figured out what was the problem.
At least you came back to the thread and told us. That is very considerate of you. Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back