Very Teddy Bokeh Bear Christmas

Cojaro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's hard to focus in dim lighting :(

DSC_0334_edited_jpeg.jpg

:mrgreen: I can't wait for Christmas break!

A auto focus will always have problems to focus in bad light if you can change to manuel and do it that way, or maybe you are a fraction to close.

Like Phillip said you might have been a tad to close for it to focus with your lens and if you're not using your camera in manual you definitely want to look into that. I'm not sure what type of camera you are using, but if it's a DSLR definitely look into doing the focusing manually with your lens as well.

Within minutes of owning my camera I realized doing things manually is much easier at times.

Like Phillip said you might have been a tad to close for it to focus with your lens and if you're not using your camera in manual you definitely want to look into that. I'm not sure what type of camera you are using, but if it's a DSLR definitely look into doing the focusing manually with your lens as well.

Within minutes of owning my camera I realized doing things manually is much easier at times.

I was focusing manually :p

XD whoops. haha then I guess my advice would be to just practice. Practice makes perfect. Maybe take a variety of shots focusing on different areas around the same point and hoping you get one that's on the mark?

XD whoops. haha then I guess my advice would be to just practice. Practice makes perfect. Maybe take a variety of shots focusing on different areas around the same point and hoping you get one that's on the mark?

Did that, too :p Took about 30 or so pictures, different angles, different focus. What makes it hard is the lack of sufficient light in front and the abundant light behind. I found that focusing on the hairs around the profile made the rest of him somewhat blurry, so I tried focusing on those hairs, then focusing just a tad closer, hoping to get right. This is the best of what I've taken (best = what I like most). Even though the bear isn't terribly sharp, I don't think it takes away much from the picture. Practice, practice, practice. I'm sure I'll try this shot later in the month.

And you were doing it on a low f stop I assume, which probably makes the DOF pretty shallow.

Maybe next time try lighting up the bear, diffusing a flashlight or something, to give you some light to work with so there's not such a discrepancy.

Most reactions

Back