Veteran Snowmobiles : Grass Dragracing

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by polymoog, Jan 29, 2009.

1. polymoog

polymoog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    In the middle of the summer there is still a long way to go till the snow arrives, but that doesn't worry those who ride old snowmobiles ;) In July last year we had an event for vintage (older than 1985) snowmobiles, dragracing on grass! And yes, they even had a category for grasscutters, because those are so much fun to rework as well ;) Sadly it poured with rain on the day but that didn't dampen the competitors enthusiasm :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gracevalley

gracevalley TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    awesome shots looks like a lot of fun. I am a snowmobile guy and love the sport. Most of the sleds go back a little further than I do . What shutter speed were you using? It must have been low enough to pan the races and blur the backround.

3. dwol

dwol TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    haha, that is so awsome! Would have been heaps fun. No. 11 does it for me :), just th blurriness and the mud spraying up, looks like he's going fast.

4. polymoog

polymoog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks guys, yes they have a lot of fun as these events, there's one on next weekend, a long distance event (wonder how many machines will last the distance ...)

Gracevalley : shutter speed was 1/100 or thereabouts for all of these shots - some of them don't actually move that fast so you have to work at it to create a sense of motion ;) But the grasscutters were quite lively :)