Victim of financial crisis.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Garbz, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok so I am not immune in Australia. The D700 I was going to buy in Feb has officially been put on hold.

I got a call today from the engineering company that I was supposed to start working at on the 2nd of Feb, that due to the loss of several large projects they are suspending all graduate recruitment indefinitely. Goodbye $70000/yr :cry:

As an I'm sorry token they are paying us all our first upcoming month's salary which they are not required to given we haven't been contractually signed up yet, but it sucks all the same.

Anyone need an Electrical Engineer with IIA Honours ? :)

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh no! :( What awful news to reach you while you meant to enjoy your time abroad to then return to a new, nicely paid job. And now: no job. Oh this is NOT good! And the petrochemical company with the two letters as their name who claim to be reaching to "beyond petroleum" don't hire at this point in time?

3. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No but at least they told me last year that they won't be hiring this year. I was hoping that the contract company was immune to it.

As a funny aside "Beyond Petroleum" means less and less these days since they just closed the largest solar panel plant in the southern hemisphere.