Victoria Falls

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Whilst down at the falls, I thought it might be an idea to take some photographs - trouble is, at this time of year, there ain't much to see...

vicfalls-110.jpg

As you move along, you start to get spray from the water crashing into the Zambezi gorge...

vicfalls-108.jpg

Some bits you can just see the other side through the spray...

vicfalls-112.jpg

And some bits, you are in the spray - and it's the only way across to Livingstone Island (this is looking back at what I came through)

vicfalls-115.jpg

vicfalls-117.jpg

Torrential rain on a beautiful day - not much to see from this viewpoint :mrgreen:

vicfalls-118.jpg

But the sunset made up for it.

vicfalls-100.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Wow, what a spot!! This thread really gives the viewer a sense of what it's like to be standing there (albeit we get to stay dry). Beautiful pics...thanks for sharing!!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

Beautiful photos. 1st, 4th and last are really incredible.

Beautiful pics! Was this on the Zambian side of the falls? I've been to Vic Falls several times but each time only from the Zimbabwe side (back before the recent unpleasantness).

Glad you all like them! Thanks for the comments.

Dutchman, they were taken from the Zambian side - thought it might be a bit dodgy taking the camera through to Zim with the journalist ban over there - plus it would have cost another £165 for Zambian visas!

I did go to the other side a few years ago during December when the falls are much lower, but my camera malfunctioned and everything came out dark and horrible. With the developments in Livingstone lately though, I don't think Vic Falls town in Zim will catch it back up for many years to come in terms of facilities etc.

Dutchman, they were taken from the Zambian side - thought it might be a bit dodgy taking the camera through to Zim with the journalist ban over there - plus it would have cost another £165 for Zambian visas!

I did go to the other side a few years ago during December when the falls are much lower, but my camera malfunctioned and everything came out dark and horrible. With the developments in Livingstone lately though, I don't think Vic Falls town in Zim will catch it back up for many years to come in terms of facilities etc.

That's a shame. The last time I was there (1994) it was the Zambian side that was a terrible backwater while the Zim side was beautiful and well-maintained (and not hostile to tourists). I remember going into Zambia then and having to drive on the SIDE of the road because the roads themselves were more pothole than tarmac! Maybe the latest elections will usher in some change in Zim!

Most reactions

Back