Victoria's Bridals

Teresa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographybyteresa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some of the 300 something images I took at my first REAL bridal. I tagged along with another photographer the first time I did a bridal shoot and I learned a few pose ideas and a few other things to help me with this shoot. These were done at 2 different locations. The bride was a bit tired and stressed out and toward the end she was really ready to get out of that dress and go home to bed!
Cindy I would really appreciate your feedback please. Let me know how I am doing and what I can do to maybe make the next bridal or next photo session better.
P4084711-2.jpg

P4084684-1.jpg

P4084830-2.jpg

P4084856-1.jpg

P4084884-1.jpg

P4084914-1.jpg

your photos look pretty good, congradulations. the 1st one looks like a snap shot..your flash was too loud. You need to fix the horizon in the 3rd one, it just doesn't look right. The others it looks like you we're going for a tilted horizon look, but you didn't tilt the camera enough. Keep shooting can't wait to see more. And #5 looks like she's floating....kinda cool, but strange.

i don't feel like i'm one to judge but the forth one looks like she's trying to keep the wall from falling on her..

I like #6, its too bad shes squinting!

Also, the first one looks good but could have been a little better, had you bounced the flash. You can see shadows to the right of the picture. #2 is beautiful

Hi Teresa. Here's a few things I've noticed:

1. The flash is a little too harsh and her dress has a blue cast to it.
3. A different composition might have worked better here. The candles behind her look like they are coming out of her head.
4. Looks flat and washed out.
5. Is my favorite, but I think would have been better if it was not tilted.
6. I like the idea, but I don't think it's very flattering for her because she is squinting and it looks like she has a double chin.

Hi Teresa.
Here are my honest thoughts:

1. The photo is on the blue side, as can be seen in the dress. However, dress details are good, and the exposure looks fine (but edging towards underexposed). The background is distracting because of the stuff on the floor. These should have been cropped or cloned out, IMO.
This pose would have been much better had she been turned looking "into" the photo, than almost looking out of it.

2. The focus on the rings is fine, but you have zero black detail in the shot, and the guasian is way too aggressive.

3. The focus is set to the boquet, and not the bride. There is way too much red in the photo. Guasian blur is way way way over the top. Just far too much. Horizon is off, as is centering.

4. As described by another poster, the tilt does not work at all here. She does indeed look as though she is holding up a wall. The dress is entirely overexposed. Again, focus is off. It is set to the wood beam in the forfront.

5. Looks like she is levitating. Where are her feet? Dress overexposed. Horizon is off.

6. Dress is overexposed. Too much noise in bride's face. Hair should be cloned out. Free hand is "stumped". Horizon is off. No black detail. I would deem this photo as unusable due to the squint.

How does the bride feel about the photos?

she likes what she has seen so far. thanks for the comments cindy. i appreciate it. in #5, she was supposed to be running "away" as a funny because the steps originally said "caution, watch your step" but cloned those out and as she was running she turned around while holding up her dress and her feet were under her train. sorry for that.
and ya it was really bright outside and she has "tiny" eyes to begin with (as her maid of honor kept mentioning) and so it was hard to get her to NOT squint in the sun. thanks again for the comments

Teresa,
Next time, move her into the shade so the sun doesn't create such harsh shadows and so she doesn't have to squint as much. Or, if there is absolutely no shade, you'll have to use a reflector or some fill flash to help fill in shadows.

I would consider carrying along and using a stepladder when shooting subjects with double chins. That will allow you to get higher, them to elevate their face and minimize that chin crease.

I would consider carrying along and using a stepladder when shooting subjects with double chins. That will allow you to get higher, them to elevate their face and minimize that chin crease.

oh i know and i kick myself in the butt for that. i was in a hurry that day and was already running late. the bride called me to pick up her maid of honor (just lives a few houses away), had to wait on her to get all the bride's things, then had to get gas and got lost on the way to the first photo location
i had my step stool by my door on the way out and just forgot to grab it. my mind was other places. but yes, i will bring it next time. i learned my lesson

I've totally been there. And, sometimes I just really don't want to carry around so much stuff (don't always have the luxury of an assistant). In that case, you really have to look around and see what you can make do with at the location. For example, in #5, I'm seeing an opening to the left where you possibly could have stood on and shot down at her. Also, I'm seeing stairs so maybe you could have stood on the top step and she could have stood a few steps down to get that flattering angle?
I think the more you photograph the more you'll start seeing opportunities like that on your own and the more and more you'll improve!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back