Video disappeared from sd card HELP

arke95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
69885164e8befd5c006d485a27d7b03d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Look in other folders on the card.
I assume you did a test shot and review to verify functionality.
If not, that's where you went wrong.

69885164e8befd5c006d485a27d7b03d.jpg

Well assuming the video was written to the card in the first place and was somehow deleted you can try file recovery software, there are a lot of different freeware software recovery tools available Recuva is one, it's supposed to be pretty good and easy to use.

The question being was the video actually written to the card? If not then there is nothing that can be done unfortunately, you can't recover data that doesn't exist.

Yes I did a test shot. I recorder a bit and played it. Everything seemed to be working until I took the card out and put it back in

Another vote for Recuva. I use it a lot as my FIL has a very bad habit of hitting the delete button when he shouldn't.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I'm using RecoverX. It's been 3 hours it shows there is one more hour to go. Is it a good sign? Also I went to the folder Recovered Files there is a lot of files but I cant open them (yet, hopefully). But a lot of them weigh 256kb which is impossible that clips worth of 4 hours recording weighed 256kb. Maybe it'll change once the recovery process is done?

It's worth the time trying to use the free recovery stuff first. If it works, great. If not, you'll need to decide whether the file is worth spending money on.

The process is done. Here is what I got :/
b476b62a22333d15c49ac68ead6faaaf.jpg
ae1c7063c7773b4faff9435ea06b3560.jpg

Which did you try to play?

Unfortunately all of them

Convert them to a different format and try again.

Hmmm. I'd say that software failed.

None of the files have any extensions on them, such as abcdefghi.MOV.

He could have the extensions hidden in the file view settings.

I try to convert but keep getting errors... I'm going insane

Most reactions

New Topics

Back