Video editing software?

Vaughan Odendaal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance. I recently made a quick video with my digital camera but it's a bit dark. I need to edit the file and increase the brightness a bit. Which would be the best software to download for this? I've browsed around and I tried VirtualHub, and there was no brightness control to speak of.

A small program download would be great, if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

--Sincerely,

Huh?
Did you just do a spelling mistake and fixed it? or is there actually a different program called Abode??? I'm confused! hehehehe... and I probably sound like an idiot now too.

There's also a program that comes with Windows XP (I'm probably wrongly assuming that's what you're using) called Windows Movie Maker. It's under your accessories menu.

It's got a couple of controls in there that can let you change the brightness, bluriness etc. That might be an easy way to get into the movie editing side of things without blowing your budget on Premiere.

I used to use a little program called Video Explosion Deluxe quite a bit. You can find it for around fifty bucks and it's a really good program. Kinda like a watered down Premeire...which I also use and still think is worth the money.

Moviemaker is easy to use, and since it's already on XP isn't too shabby...although if you're really wanting to do something fancy, premier is great...or for a mac Final Cut Pro is the most amazing video editing program ever!!!

Since were on the subject of video editing. I Bought Premiere 6.5 but it wont work with my Camcorder, It says its the wrong file type. ( SONY DCR-TRV140 ). I tried to use the software that came with the program rater then importing the video file right into 6.5 and it still wont work. Any Ideas??

Most reactions

Back