Video editing software

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, I recently got a camcorder after much resistance to doing so. I've really grown fond of digital/film photography over the past couple of years and like the idea of freezing an instant in time. I guess as my daughter grows up, I'll be glad I got a camcorder as well.

Anyway, I ended up w/ the Canon Elura 100. It has a SD card slot for capturing some really poor quality video and stills, and it came w/ some software (like 5 different programs), but it seems that it is all dedicated for use with the SD portion of it. There is no software included (that I can find) that is dedicated for the video editing from the mini dv, which is why I bought it. I read through their 100 page manual last night which is entirely dedicated to extracting your still images from w/in the camera. I think I am going to write a supplemental manual which has 1 page that says, remove your sd card, place it in card reader, select all and copy to folder in pc.

Through forums, I found that the video is easily extracted with just connecting the camera by a firewire cable to pc and using free programs like windows movie maker or a free download I found - Win DV to capture it. I would like a program a little more robust, any suggestions for video editing software?

Thanks

sony vegas and adobe premiere pro are really good, but way more expensive that's getting into the professional editing level. For just home videos and that sort of thing windows movie maker should be fine. I know Ulead makes a few products, never used them tho, so maybe look into that.

All I edit with now is premier pro so if you have $700 I think it is to spare go for it

Most reactions

Back