Videos

rachelmcf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone :D I'm new here and I'm also new to my Nikon d3200! I've been editing and working with videos for a while and now I decided to buy a better camera (d3200)! I'm really happy with it but I have some questions, when I'm recording a video which one is the best mode? I also know someone who owns the same nikon and when she uploads raw videos I hear a strange noise when the camera is focousing, but I don't get the same noise or the automatic focousing, why? I'm sorry if these questions sound dumb to you, I'm new to this :blushing: Thank you!!

Hello everyone :D I'm new here and I'm also new to my Nikon d3200! I've been editing and working with videos for a while and now I decided to buy a better camera (d3200)! I'm really happy with it but I have some questions, when I'm recording a video which one is the best mode? I also know someone who owns the same nikon and when she uploads raw videos I hear a strange noise when the camera is focousing, but I don't get the same noise or the automatic focousing, why? I'm sorry if these questions sound dumb to you, I'm new to this :blushing: Thank you!!

It probably is just a difference in a louder/quieter lens you two are using. The Nikon camera microphone is in front, right above the lens, and it does pickup sounds of the lens focusing. Fact of life, everyone is troubled by this. The normal and best and only solution is to plugin and use a remote microphone (with a wind screen). Could be a wireless mic, but I use a little $23 lavalier mic with 20 foot cord... works great.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/944398-REG/polsen_olm_10_omni_directional_lav.html

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back