TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
fusion.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4447790892_ed80cbeec0_o.jpg

Canon 1D Mk2 & 85mm f1.8 @ f2.8 :thumbup::thumbup:

Wonderful portrait. There is a lot to read in this image - a young girl should not have bags under her eyes, the shirt is very dirty, the eyes read a lot of suspicion. I think this is more interesting than the black and white images.

Wonderful portrait. There is a lot to read in this image - a young girl should not have bags under her eyes, the shirt is very dirty, the eyes read a lot of suspicion. I think this is more interesting than the black and white images.

The use of black and white is certainly a thing that can concentrate and image and remove the distraction of color but in this case, although BW works as I have a version, the colors make the image stronger. :thumbup::thumbup: Thanks for commenting :D

Whatever filter you are using to create the selective blur, I am not liking it. Otherwise, good capture on the details on texture that really matters to the story behind this photo.

Whatever filter you are using to create the selective blur, I am not liking it. Otherwise, good capture on the details on texture that really matters to the story behind this photo.

No selective blur used... processed in Topaz Adjust...:thumbup:
Took another look at this image and the selective blur you imagined you saw is actually the bokeh of the lens used 85mm f1.8.

Last edited:
I LOVE processing like this. Reminds me of Joey L's photojournalismish shots. Some people like the 100% natural looking shots, but this would pop out into my mind even more if you lightened up her eyes just a touch so they made a bit more contrast with her eyelashes etc. Nice work.

I LOVE processing like this. Reminds me of Joey L's photojournalismish shots. Some people like the 100% natural looking shots, but this would pop out into my mind even more if you lightened up her eyes just a touch so they made a bit more contrast with her eyelashes etc. Nice work.

Very difficult to bring out the eyes, deep brown pools... glad you like the image. :thumbup:

Nice portrait, but one thing that always bothers me about this post-processing technique is the halo'ing around the people's head, detracts from the photos imo.

Most reactions

Back