View through a gun port

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
LOUIGUNPORTo2.jpg

A very large French fort on an island with a storm coming up. I don't have the photo info but about 30mm focal length at about f4 and 1/100 of a second at ASA 64 using digital. It is as shot with perhaps minor photoshopping in the distance.

skieur

hmmmmmm..... I have mixed feelings on this. It just seems like the gun hole is way too much of a distraction on the rest of the picture.

I like the framing provided by the gun hole. I am disappointed with the tower/lighthouse in the background however. I want a clear view outside. I think a smaller aperture for greater dof would have been a better option. After all the gun hole was designed to give the soldiers a clear shot outside the fort.

hmmmm, i on one hand like that the backgound is out of focus. . . but only if there was less of the wood in the frame, and since there is that much wood i think i agree with the armtwister about the greater depth of field

I think it would have been better if you had the gun hole centered, so it acted like more of a frame. My eye is drawn to the right side of the picture because there is so much wood. And on the left side the outer part of the gun hole distracts my eye also.

I believe that it would have been worse off if it was centered. while some things are nice centered i throughly enjoy how its off center, and cocked down, and not perpendicular to the image plane.

one thing that is strange is that the view is in focus on left and right outside the port, but not on the lighthouse . . . that detracts in my mind, either all in or all out of focus is how i would go.

Exposure and color gamut are nice. I'm not doing jumping jacks over the subject though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back