Viewing variations

Kerri Rae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Obviously should have gone here!

Ok, so I have an image, a large JPEG that I will open in lightroom and do some (read: a lot of) level adjustments to. Once this is done, I will export it to CS2 while saving a copy with the lightroom adjustments and crop and such within photoshop until I have an immaculate looking image..or so I think. I'll save as both 8/bit .JPEG and 16/bit .png.

Now I open that file in ACDSee and it looks like it kept all the adjustments I made, just added a layer of grey, so it doesn't have that bold, vibrant look I gave it anymore. I open it in windows picture and fax viewer and it looks good, I upload it to flickr and it looks grey again. Open it for edit in elements and it looks good, view it in zoombrowser and it looks grey.

I would love to hear this is simply a retarded thing, but I'd also love to share my pictures in flickr and be able to e-mail them to people knowing they will see what I see.

No? Does anybody know if maybe lightroom and photoshop use different color embedding or something like that? This is REALLY frustrating for me

Edit in Lightroom, ,save in CS2 and then re-edit in elements??

I think your problem is your workflow - it's pretty poor if that's your standard way of working.

CS2 is one of the best editing packages available so using to for only saving your image seems silly.
If you do your adjustments in CS2 then save it in the format you wish, it should be fine.
I've also not used ACDsee but could it be that the thumbnails simply need refreshed?

When you save a photo for viewing outside of a color managed application like PS , it needs to be saved as sRGB color profile. Edit>convert to profile>sRGB

Pix will then look fine on Flivkr or with any browser.
search for color profiles and read.

Edit in Lightroom, ,save in CS2 and then re-edit in elements??

I think your problem is your workflow - it's pretty poor if that's your standard way of working.

Either you misunderstood or I wasn't clear enough, my problem was my saved edit, either from lightroom or CS2 didn't look the same viewing it from different software. Thanks for the help.

The_traveler - Thanks so much, all the google searches and forum digging simply were not cutting it for me. I've learned color profiles are only the beggining of my problems. Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back