VIEWS ON CANON EOS DIGITAL SLR REBEL XT

dj isa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just wanted to know for those of you who own a Rebel XT or XTi, to please give your personal views, more on the Xt though. I wanted to know your opinions and overall experience with it for however you've had it. Thanks!

that was my main camera for a while untill i went on to better bodies. but i still kept it around for weddings. i just recently got rid of it, and traded up for an XTi, which i now use as my second (or sometimes third) camera for weddings.
the only "complaints", youre going to hear are about the body being "plastic" (even though its still agreat build quality considering.) and the size. and even then, its not as big a deal as some haters make it out to be. its a smaller body, but thats why i use it. the XT/XTi, with a 50mm lense on it, is perfect for candids at a wedding, or any other event you might be capturing. if you can get past the size, its a GREAT camera.

I love it.(XT) But yes, I just started. So I can give you no more than a beginner's opinion.

pascal

Yeah, it's a perfectly functional camera, it does everything I've needed to do. My biggest complaint would be that it's plastic and really small for my hands. Make sure you hold it before buying one

I've had one for a few months and it is my fist slr camera. I really like it. I have been learning a lot. The size doesn't bother me, but I don't have any long lenses for it either.

Once in a while I feel that the auto focus could be a bit better, but I think the XTi has a different number of focus points.

I have had it for a little over a month, the xt. Upgraded from the film kt. I have shot night time football, dance, and a load of other things. It has performed extremely well and I have no problem with it. It might be because I have not really used a bigger DSLR but the size seems fine to me. Throw on a battery grip (which you might want anyways with a bigger slr) and i would imagine you now have a battery grip and a normal sized camera

I've had my XTfor just a year now. When I purchased this camera I looked at many higher priced Canons. After doing some research and testing, I decided that with Canon you need to spend literally about 3k before you get enough more to justify the price. In my opinion there is no reason (except size) to spend much more money. My friend has a 5D and I wouldn't trade it, not for the extra money anyway. My next will be an XTi.

The rebel XT was my entry into photography a year and a half ago and I couldn't give you one single complaint. For someone brand new such as myself it was exactly what I needed to learn. If you are beginning this is a fantastic digital SLR. However, if you already know a little about photography you may want to consider the 20D or 30D which have a few more advanced features.

ALSO: If you can avoid one of the standard kit lenses that come with the bodies I would recommend it. I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you can scrape a couple hundred dollars extra together pass on the kit lens and buy something else or upgrade the kit lens in a better package.

Good luck on the hunt.

Ben

I believe this is the same as the 350D that we have in the UK. I have owned one for about 10 months now and the only problem I've had (and it's not really a fault) is that the fps on continuous shooting could be a bit more. It only shoots at 3fps. This isn't really a fault though. I tink it's a great buy.

It was a toss up between the Nikon D70 and the Canon Rebel XT.
In my hands, the XT felt better than the D70.
I’ve owned my XT for 3 weeks now so I can’t give you a long-term evaluation. But as far as performance, it’s great!

In the 3 weeks I’ve played with it I can only think of one thing that could have been better designed… the terminal cover. (The rubber cover for USB, remote control and video out) Since I don’t have much as far as nails, it takes a few tries to get it open. Then again this can be my problem and not the next guy.

That’s as far as my opinion can go for now.
Personally, I love it.

I love mine for the most part. Had it about a year now. Before that I did not have a digital SLR and was shooting with a powershot G3 and before that a different digital canon. I find the shadows a bit harsh on the rebel compared to others. Took some getting used to - but - it could be my inexperience with SLR's.

I have had my digital rebel xt for 5 months, Ive been shooting every spare moment I have and I absolutely love it. Great quality, It does everything I want. I was worried about the size as I heard those same issues, but after holding it I was sure that would not be an issue!! I did spend some extra money up front to get a canon 70-300 mm as well as a 1 and 2 gig Compact Flash Card and extra battery. I have no regrets on my choice, just saving up for more lenses!!

Most reactions

Back