Vintage Bride!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Brides are just crawling out of the woodwork here! Love it to death! They are so fun to work with, and EVERY bride I work with has a mind of what "style" she wants her pics to feel like. This bride wanted a vintage look. Her dress was ordered from out of country and got stuck in customs for over a week! BUT, STUNNING!!!

Please c&c these! I really enjoy the feedback - it helps my learning curve!

3872236127_9579da6449.jpg

3873005926_0cccb18a81.jpg

3873005522_eef7725989.jpg

3872221021_484b0fb35d.jpg

3872220363_710b90dfed.jpg

3873001882_1e4b3a1ba2.jpg

3872217095_2c497eb9b1.jpg

3872216445_47d251b73b.jpg

this is the brides FAVE - she's already ordered a large mounted print!!
3872216133_1971e6e36f.jpg

and more:
Flickr: scrapmom1's Photostream

I think these are good. If your going for the vintage "look" I think 1, 7 and 8 capture my eye.

I'm just wondering though how come your last two threads it's just shots of the bride? :D

#1 I don't like it, something wrong with her eyes, maybe the bright light I don't know.
#8 I really like, although it might have been better if she curled her feet up.
#9 She's cute like an angel haha. A bit bizzare.

I think these are good. If your going for the vintage "look" I think 1, 7 and 8 capture my eye.

I'm just wondering though how come your last two threads it's just shots of the bride? :D

Thanks!

My last two posts are the bridals! The weddings haven't happened yet! You know the groom isn't allowed to see the wedding dress till the big day . . . something about bad luck! :lol: This vintage bride is getting married Friday, and the bride on my last post is getting married at the end of the month!

Maybe, just maybe I'll post a few of the grooms then!!!

#1 I don't like it, something wrong with her eyes, maybe the bright light I don't know.
#8 I really like, although it might have been better if she curled her feet up.
#9 She's cute like an angel haha. A bit bizzare.

I added some texturing to #1. Plus the natural light coming from the window may be overpowering to her face.

On 8 I did chop her feet . . . ugh!

Every time I shoot at this little B&B here, we put the brides in the window! Not sure why, maybe just for something different . . . drama maybe! Her's is actually my favorite window shot!

I can not see any of your photos. How do you have them loaded on this website? I really want to see them!

I'm not sure what's up. I load them the same way I always have, this is the first time I've had someone mention they can't see the images . . .

Not sure what's up.

I do have them on my flickr link at the bottom of the original post. Try that.:D

Thanks!

My last two posts are the bridals! The weddings haven't happened yet! You know the groom isn't allowed to see the wedding dress till the big day . . . something about bad luck! :lol: This vintage bride is getting married Friday, and the bride on my last post is getting married at the end of the month!

You know I've never thought of offering a bridal shoot before. It's good option if the client isn't willing to do a trash the dress session. Some just don't want too look back since it's such a big stress on their shoulders and having a shoot like this has the anticipation fuel behind it. :D

this has nothing to do with ur photos/talent.. besides her stupid hair ruins it! her hair and make up dont match the dress which in turn shatters a vintage look in any work of art be it photo or otherwise... idk maybe being a theater nerd has me a little too into making sure the 'costuming' is correct down to the bottom button, but i dont like these. like i said its not the actual picture that i dont like, i think its just the subject, she doesnt have a single vintage type quality other than the dress... i need more than that.

Thanks!

You know I've never thought of offering a bridal shoot before. It's good option if the client isn't willing to do a trash the dress session. Some just don't want too look back since it's such a big stress on their shoulders and having a shoot like this has the anticipation fuel behind it. :D

WOW!!! I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a bride NOT want a bridal session. My Bridal Packages include engagement session, bridal session, and wedding day services. They only get $100 knocked off is they don't do a bridal! It's a really big market, for me at least!

this has nothing to do with ur photos/talent.. besides her stupid hair ruins it! her hair and make up dont match the dress which in turn shatters a vintage look in any work of art be it photo or otherwise... idk maybe being a theater nerd has me a little too into making sure the 'costuming' is correct down to the bottom button, but i dont like these. like i said its not the actual picture that i dont like, i think its just the subject, she doesnt have a single vintage type quality other than the dress... i need more than that.

Is it the dress or is it the atmosphere she's trying to create ;)

Thanks!

WOW!!! I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a bride NOT want a bridal session. My Bridal Packages include engagement session, bridal session, and wedding day services. They only get $100 knocked off is they don't do a bridal! It's a really big market, for me at least!

Well we offer the standard e-session, wedding day services and trash the dress. We usually get enough good shots that the couple has a hard time choosing. Even during the big day I usually get enough solos of the bride. But with a bridal shoot, it sure takes some pressure off during the wedding day. I guess the only trade off is that you probably spend more hours with the clients *shrug*

Is it the dress or is it the atmosphere she's trying to create ;)

I would say she's going for an atmosphere. She's a very softspoken and elegant bride. I think in this line of business, it's my job to give her exactly what she wants, and make her look good while doing it. I think the hairstyles of the modern bride are curls and updo-s. Her style is simple and clean. I think that's fairly vintage.

This location we shot at is vintage as well, an old mansion that's been around for 100 or so years, and she'll be returning here for her ceremony. So I would say she's going for an atmosphere, I personally thought she looked so elegant!

To each their own I guess ;) .

Most reactions

Back