Violins - First shoot

35mm Bob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am Artemis' Dad, and I taught him all he knows!

Nah...not really
But here yah go anyway :)

My first picture to you guys.

Violin1.jpg

awesome!
I love taking pictures of my violins.

If you want some ideas of good compositions you can see my thread
Violins

Your first picture is really good! If you would like some critique I would be glad to help! :)

Wow Dad, thats a really good shot, well thought out...I really admire this shot, Great work daddio!

Come on guys, give im some feed back the poor old senial fool.....hehe just kidding :)

Here is my first violin thread... the first time I attempted photos of that violin.
First Violin

Of course now I have a new chin rest and I changed the finish from gloss to satin.

Just thought these links might come in hindy. :)

yay! I remember your first post! It was a looooong time ago :) so welcome back Arti's dad :D

LittleMan said:
Here is my first violin thread... the first time I attempted photos of that violin.
First Violin

Of course now I have a new chin rest and I changed the finish from gloss to satin.

Just thought these links might come in handy. :)

Thanks for posting little man :D Great pics of your Violin, im sure these will really inspire my Dad.

Thanks Mentos for replying :)

Welcome :)

Not too bad of a shot, here are my thoughts...

The bottom of the tail piece is just out of the frame, since it's in sharper focus than the bridge, I'd like to see more/all of it.

Actually, I'd like to see the bridge in sharp focus. Either with a similar short DOF (putting the tail out of focus) or with a wider DOF so that they would both be sharp. Maybe showing more of the body/strings as they travel out of focus and out of the frame.

Big Mike said:
Welcome :)

Not too bad of a shot, here are my thoughts...

The bottom of the tail piece is just out of the frame, since it's in sharper focus than the bridge, I'd like to see more/all of it.

Actually, I'd like to see the bridge in sharp focus. Either with a similar short DOF (putting the tail out of focus) or with a wider DOF so that they would both be sharp. Maybe showing more of the body/strings as they travel out of focus and out of the frame.

Thanks, my Dads had a look at this post and hes gonna maybe re try it :)

Most reactions

Back