VIPER & M3 on highway

Muay_Thai_Dan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey peoplez! here are some shots i took today with my new-used 1D II N.
im loving this camera, and at AI Servo is ridiculously accurate!!...cant even compare it to my old 40D, and its much faster than my 1Ds II!! awesome body for sport/action shooting.

some of the pics are kinda dull, i did just a quick lazy processing on them..so bare with me!

(ENLARGE for best qualityy!!!)

3539828555_b8687945cc_b.jpg

Exif: Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50) Aperture: f/16.0 Focal Length: 200 mm ISO Speed: 50
3543289816_a14da798d1_b.jpg

Exif:Aperture: f/18.2 Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50) Focal Length: 135 mm ISO Speed: 50
3541272217_67ea6e08dc_b.jpg

Exif: Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50) Aperture: f/16.0 Focal Length: 135 mm ISO Speed: 50
3540637492_d8bd033269_b.jpg

Exif: Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50) Aperture: f/16.0 Focal Length: 155 mm ISO Speed: 50
3539812857_9879024f32_b.jpg

Exif: Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50) Aperture: f/18.2 Focal Length: 125 mm ISO Speed: 50
3543299354_f6158aa03e_b.jpg

Exif: Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50) Aperture: f/16.0 Focal Length: 125 mm ISO Speed: 50

Thanks a lot for looking! C&C welcome!!

-Dan

Last edited:
Yup, the AF and AI Servo on the 1D series is nothing short of amazing. It just doesn't get any better. Congrats on your new baby.

Now, where you live, do expensive sports cars cruise by all the time or did you camp out along the highway all day waiting for something cool to shoot? :)

Really excellent! How did you get those photos, man? Speccially the second and the last ones. Can we see enlarged versions of those two photos? Can I have the exif data of the two photos too?
I am also looking forward to get such great shots of moving cars. How many photos you had to take for these 6?

Yup, the AF and AI Servo on the 1D series is nothing short of amazing. It just doesn't get any better. Congrats on your new baby.

Now, where you live, do expensive sports cars cruise by all the time or did you camp out along the highway all day waiting for something cool to shoot? :)

hey thanks a lot, the 1D II N is awesome, lol im really blown away by how good the AF is.

hehe, i live in the suburbs of Toronto. i ride my bike to this highway which is right by my house (highway 7 for the ppl from toronto) almost everyday, sit on the grass, and just take pics of cars. lately ive been getting really lucky with seeing nice cars. lol, i actually saw 3 vipers durring this session (there were other cars in the fram though, so im not gonna post them up). and i only spend about an hour, maybe an hour and a half eatch time. i never notice the time go by, i could really sit the all day if i had nothing else to do. i really enjoy taking pics of cars.

Really excellent! How did you get those photos, man? Speccially the second and the last ones. Can we see enlarged versions of those two photos? Can I have the exif data of the two photos too?
I am also looking forward to get such great shots of moving cars. How many photos you had to take for these 6?

hey man, thanks a lot for the kind words. i described how i get these photos in the reply above :) also, i enlarged the photos in my first post, and you can click them for best resolution!

ive also added the exif data for all photos!

the lens i was using was a 70-200mm F2.8L IS, hand held. (id probably get better results with a tripod).

anyways, i really recomend a 1D series body for this type of photography (lol-that is if you shoot canon!). even just a regular 1D II. i have the "N" version. but even the regular is just as good. i used to have a 40D and its like night and day between those two bodies.

the amount of shots i get that are keepers with the 1D II N are maybe 80%, where the 40D was 20%.

by a "keeper shot" i mean a shot that is in focus, and sharp. to take these photos i just sit on the grass, and wait for a nice car to pass by, and i have a small window of opportunity in the hsort time that they pass me. and as you can see with the 1D II N, im able to get an "IN-FOCUS" shot of the front, profile, and rear end. thats pretty amazing to me. that just tells you how fast this camera is at Focussing.

but panning still takes practice. :) ive been at it for about a month so far.

anyways, i hope i answered all your questions. id like to see some of your stuff when you get started!

thanks a lot,

-Dan

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back