Virginia Shootings

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To all our friends in the USA.
May I offer our sympathy to all the families that have lost loved ones in the tragic events in Virginia. It is the lead item in the news in UK and I am sure that every parent or relation who have children at university feels for the families of all those youngsters who have lost their lives and pray for them and those injured in this unbelievable attack.

Yeah, I live about 3 hours from VT, and had a friend who went there for a short while. Something like this so close really hits home.

Yeah, I live about 3 hours from VT, and had a friend who went there for a short while. Something like this so close really hits home.
I don't know how fast you drive, but it's four hours from here on a good day, pushing 80mph. You might be thinking of UVA. I'm right near you. It's really devastating.

Having just finished choosing a university for myself for next year, I can't imagine choosing that community and then experiencing such a huge tragedy. Talk about a loss of faith in humanity and the people around you... must be absolutely debilitating.

To those who lost friends, family, significant-others, or acquaintances or other in this tragedy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Loss of human life is tragic, even if you didn't have a personal bond with them. :(

I would not let anyone in the house watch the news tonight because of this.
I sat at home all day watching the news when it was Columbine and it's traumatized me all these years.

Then I get to work and it's on every tv here.
These are the type of images that will never leave my brain.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

Way too close to home....and as reality starts to set in it gets harder and harder to deal with. I'm just so glad that all my friends at VT are safe.

Most reactions

Back