Virginian Landscape - to much ps?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive been wondering lately if I over do things in PS. I do the same routine on every image, doing some things less or more depending on the image.

For this picture, I shot in raw, underexposing it a stop and a half to make sure the highlights were not blown, confirming by looking at the histogram.

Exif - F11 @ 1/200th, iso 200, 18mm kit lens

Then in the raw converter, I adjusted the color ballance to make it look the most natural I could, adjusted the exposure minorly I think.

Then brought it into photoshop, where I did shadows/highlight to try to enhance the sky as much as I could, and keep detail in the land.

Then curves to further adjust the color.

The sky was a bit weak so I selected it using the color selector/highlights, and then using the quick mask to get the parts I wanted, feathered the selection by 5px, then used that selection as a mask for another set of curves, where I darkened the sky a bit.

97435586-M.jpg

Larger Version

Does the colors look to unnatural or to contrasty? Or perhaps the land to dark for how the sky looks?

Looks fine, just right.

However, I think contrails ruin shots.

Just an update, this picture was actually over exposed slightly, the one after it was the one that was underexposed. The raw's exposure was decreased to bring out more detail in the sky.

Heres the original.

97861073-M.jpg

Larger Version

Most reactions

New Topics

Back