Virtual Oil Paintings with Photoshop

Again, mostly not my personal taste as I mentioned in your other thread, but technically impressive.

However this one I really like alot:
BerberMan.jpg

Brad you are teasing everyone with your great work, are you going to share how you did it?

Brad is "sharing" this for $69 + $10 per style or $129 for the two DVD set. Sorry if I'm being a little cynical at this point. The messages are an advertisement for his lesson discs.

Otherwise, great work, and beautiful pictures.

Brad is "sharing" this for $69 + $10 per style or $129 for the two DVD set. Sorry if I'm being a little cynical at this point. The messages are an advertisement for his lesson discs.
Is that all bad... he's offering to teach people a skill that most of us don't know... and which many people seem to find impressive.

How is that any different, really, than selling your own photograhy services... in other words, selling a skill that not everybody can do?

Just food for thought.

I bought both dvd's and think they are great and am learning a lot. I appreciate Brad sharing with us what he has learned through a lot of time experimenting and developing his unique technique. I for one would jump at an opportunity to purchase more of his training dvd's and will recommend them to all those I can at various forums. Do you plan on making any new dvd's in the near future Brad? Keep up the great work! You are a true artist.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm just so glad the DVDs are such a hit with everyone who purchased them! So many training tutorials are done so poorly.
Someone requested more of children so here's one I did recently. This is a combination of the oil and pastel technique.

littleboy.jpg

Well, I guess that one could say that Brad is advertising for free while the other advertisers have to pay for space.

Hello Brad

Any chance you might offer some new training dvd's in the near future?

Lowell

Is that all bad... he's offering to teach people a skill that most of us don't know... and which many people seem to find impressive.

How is that any different, really, than selling your own photograhy services... in other words, selling a skill that not everybody can do?

Just food for thought.

Nope, not bad at all. In fact it's good. I think his photos and results are excellent. People who bought the lessons have all commented how good they are. I suspect if he writes more of these, people will also be impressed and educated.

Just that someone asked about sharing, and I was making it clear that he's selling.

The messages are advertisements for his learning DVDs. Lets just call them what they really are! I'm thinking of things I can start selling here, now that the door is open for free advertising on the forums.

Nice work, best wishes Brad.

Brad

All of your paintings are fantastic! I bought your dvd's and they are a great learning tool but how long does it take an average person to learn to paint like you? Will you be offering anymore training dvd's in the near future? How about one on the compositing/pastel technique you used on the Morocco photo? Love your work!

Lowell:D

I bought both dvd's and think they are great and am learning a lot. I appreciate Brad sharing with us what he has learned through a lot of time experimenting and developing his unique technique. I for one would jump at an opportunity to purchase more of his training dvd's and will recommend them to all those I can at various forums. Do you plan on making any new dvd's in the near future Brad? Keep up the great work! You are a true artist.

Hello Brad

Any chance you might offer some new training dvd's in the near future?

Lowell

Wow that is quite a fan you have there :er: :lol: :er: :wink:

Most reactions

Back