Visico filters

olympus999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I noticed a interesting video on youtube claiming that visico UV filters are scam.
Here is the link to this video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DPVme8Ak8[/ame]
Can anyone say is that true?

I already bought myself a visico UV filter. I am on low budget, and i though about buying more visico filters like ND and polarizing filters. They are cheaper than hoya for example.
Has anyone used visico filters? Can anyone tell is there huge difference compared to hoya or other well known brands?

I've never heard of Visico filters, which leads me to think that they're probably not worth whatever price you paid for them. Even the most inexpensive consumer-grade lenses have a LOT of money put into their design. Putting a cheap filter in front of it is silly. The filter is the first thing that light hits on entering the lens, and if it's not a good quality, well made unit is going to at best cause only minimal degradation, and at worst may make your images look like downright awful.

Hoya and Tiffen (in their multi-coated lines) are decent, consumer-grade filters. I would recommend B+W, Heliopan, Lee and Singh-Ray.

Most reactions

Back