Visit to the Zoo

robbie_vlad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally got off my bum while at school and walked down to the Trevor Zoo on campus. At first I wasn't sure if I would get anything I liked, but here are a few I personally am really happy with. C&C is wanted, please enjoy:

1.)
3298349013_b6a0f74ed5.jpg

2.)
3298359191_c084632241.jpg

3.)
3299222160_90b43bf692.jpg

4.)
3298389767_098385a68a.jpg

I like #1 & #3 the best. Esp. #1--great colors, great comp, and you got the perfect look on that bird's face. Any PP? I've never heard of a zoo with wolves (that is a wolf, right? :lol:).

Love, love, love 1 and 3. I like the snake too but I think the head doesn't stand out enough. It takes a second to find the focus of the photo. And 4 is adorable.

Edited to add:

I think part of the issue I have with 2 and 4 are the eyes- in animal photos I think eyes are the most important things, and you can't really see the eyes in either of these, or at least they don't stand out... if that makes sense. Just a thought.

Interesting take on these animals. These photos have been taken a fair bit, but good inclusion of the backgrounds and environments – no matter that they’re fake, of course – which overall make your photos rather effective. In the first, good positioning of the bird. I can only point out that you could have attempted to focus a bit more on the tail, which seems to be either blurred or rather indefinite at the least.
The second appears all right at first, but closer examination does show that it’s not really focused. The angle isn’t perfect, either.
The third is an effective picture; blurring the background has its effects, in this removing the trace of the fake background.
The last photo is all right… not perfect. If it had been possible, it would have been wiser to take the photo from a bit more on the right – by that I mean to position your camera further to the right, giving a different and remarkably more effective take on the animal.

Thanks for all the feedback, its nice to know what I was going for was actually seen im them.
1.) My personal 'favorite', the only PP done is a little increase in saturation and contrast to bring out the colors and the texture of the feathers.
2.) Chicken, this one was a tough one to get actually because I was literally pressed against the glass and angled as much as I could.
3.) Namely the wolf (yes, its an Amerian Red Wolf) I was waiting for a good 10 minutes before he was in a good position to make it look like the wild.
4.) As far right as I could have been w/o being in there with them :p. Thanks again all.

1) I love the colors in this picture!

2) The only thing I don't like about this photo is that the snakes head isn't in sharp enough.

3) That's a great shot! It sort of gives me the "oh ****, I should start running now" feeling.

4) Cute little photo :p

Thanks seward =]
The snake was perhaps the trickiest shot to get, just because of how shallow the tank he was in was/low light.

I think 4 is my favorite. 2 has some potential, but the snakes head being a little blurry is bothering me.

I really like 1 & 3. Being in a zoo you may have had to crop some stuff out on 3, but I'd kinda like to see some more of the environment.

Great shots though. It can be difficult to do that in a zoo.

Thanks Auzambo :).
In #3 all I cropped really were some branches in the upper right that were distracting, other than that, its the same crop as was on the camera. I think I'm going to go back after school today and reshoot the snake and try to get it sharper.

Most reactions

Back