VISTA!!!!!

Is VISTA for you?

• Don't know?!?!?!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • MAC is for me

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Love VISTA!!!!

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Think Vista is a sign from the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Or you could just stack RAM like crazy and keep all your programs. :)

BTW, I have TWO Vista in the office, and I hate hate hate......did I say hate? Them.

I try to stay on my trusty little Window Media thing. No problems at all. Vista is nothing but huge headaches for me.

Mac here and forever.

Vista is the reason I switched to Mac...no joke.

Recently I tried installing a network card in my computer, and XP wanted me to re-enter my licence key! For installing a piece of hardware! "Genuine advantage?"... advantage for who? Not me...

I wonder what would happen if I were to try the same thing with Vista... presumably the computer would self-destruct and the FBI would kick my door down.

Btw elsapet, the compatibility issue is no big deal, give it a couple of years and your programs will run just fine on Vista - by which time Microsoft will have another new OS which you will be basically forced to use ;)

I do enjoy a good rant at 2 in the morning :)

I have to use Enterprise at work - it's ok, nothing special. It runs alright I guess, but it seems like there are a lot of things that just take more steps to do on it. It's a serious drag on my productivity, such as it is. But all things considered, I'll agree - it's a disease. As such, my work machine dual boots with Ubuntu (feisty) and at home I'll be staying all Mac.

ok now i have to say Vista is messing with photoshop now. I just put it on my laptop and now i cant open the nef files like i did on my desktop. Im starting to more and more not like it.

Well I have vista and I haven't had any stability issues with it. I'm even running an awful old PS 5.5 and it works even without using the back compatability option. On a newer note I'm using illustrator CS3 with no issues either. I've got a mix of God awful old prgrammes, and new programmes and all seem to work fine.

It doesn't ask me if I'm sure I want to do something everytime I make an action, only when system files are being affected, registry, windefender, virusscan. There's an option for changing that. If a programme hangs, which any programme will regardless of the OS, it's much easier to kill the process immediately that it was in XP. Know your way around the admin tools and you'll have more control than the lame admin tools XP had. The only major gripe I have with it is that it uses 15% of your harddrive for system restore points, and it's not adjustable like XP was.

I haven't had a major hang since I got it, unlike XP SP2 where explorer (not internet explorer) would sometimes hang and would restart your taskbar. Not to mention the blue screen of death or the eternity it would take to start up when winlogon.exe would use 100% of your processor when it got corrupted.

I wouldn't know about slowness it seems pretty fast to me, but then again I got the 2Ghz dual core with 4Mb of cache 2 Gb or RAM and a separate 256Mb graphics card on my laptop. Most programmes take less than a second to open including all my office apps, and the old PS takes about 3 secs. Startup is faster than XP ever was too.

No I don't work for microsoft, I hate some of their practices like the genuine windows advantage crap just like everyone else.

Mac all the way for me. after 15 years of using MS products, I'll never go back. I love my Mac, I've had it for about a year now. As soon as my HP laptop dies, I am going to go ahead get a Mac Book as well.

Well, I just picked up a laptop with vista, and I don't hate it. But I've really only used it long enough to install AVG and Zone Alarm, and then repartition the drive (which was actually really slick) so that I could install Ubuntu. (I'm also not completely in love with that.) If anyone wants to donate a grand or so, I'd be more than happy to give a Mac a try, but since I can buy 3 or 4 decent linux boxes for the price of a Mac that I can't hardly upgrade, I'll pass for now.

I am running the Media Centre Edition of XP with SP2 on a Core Dual 3.0 with 2 gig ram and a 500 gig hard drive, and the look can be made very similar to Vista although I suspect that my speed is faster.

skieur

Windows XP.. didn't like it but I can deal with it.
Blah... Vista sucks.

Mac Workstations with UNIX core business servers.. now that works.

I still use Win 2000 Pro on all my machines except a laptop with XP. As long as my software runs and BG and the Softie support it, I will run it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back