Vivid colors?

edouble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What type of filter will give very vivid colors that appear almost "grain" like in texture?

Any thoughts? I have a Nikon D-5000 by the way

Not sure about the grain part... but someone had a pic a couple days ago with a warming polarizer and it really brought out some nice tones IMO.

There are also ways to adjust your camera settings for more vivid colors if you are shooting in JPEG, and the cloudy white balance setting seems to boost it a little when shooting outside. It seems like you are talking about more of a boost than this would do though, so it might even be Post Processing. Can you link to an example of what you are talking about?

I could bang my head on this one because I cant seem to locate the photos I am talking about

An amber filter will give you warm, rich tones. It will make grain and wheat , or long grass, seem warm and yellow. If you want it to look "grainy" just reduce the resolution or bump up the ISO, or use a filter in Photoshop. POL filters can also make the light seem warmer.

Pump up your saturation and ISO then underexpose, then bring up the exposure in PP.
Lots of color lots of grain.

vibrance and grain can both be enhanced or added in post-processing. personally i would shoot as you normally would but in raw (if you don't already) and adjust it all later, that way you are working with a clean slate and can alter it to your hearts content.

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

Back