Vivitar 530FD as Slave?

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently dug up a couple of old off camera strobes - one in particular is a Vivitar 530FD - pretty old, but still works well. Seems to have a fast recycle time too. I was wondering if it's possible to use it as a slave? There doesn't appear to be any connectors, but is there an adapter out there for older flashes?

Since no one else is answering. It's a hot shoe flash. On Camera Flash.

You can get an adapter that will make it into a slave. Something like a Wein HSD for about $70. The regular Wein HS slave trigger is less, $35 if you don't need to worry about pre-flah sync.

Also much less, you can get an adapter with a wire on it, that will make it into a cabled flash and you can figure it from there.

Many possibilities, you just need to decide how you want to trigger it and if it's worth the expense.

Thanks! You've definitely pointed me in the right direction. I am, however, reading some 50/50 reviews on the Wein adapter. Seems like it only works sometimes. I'm also trying to figure out exactly how it works. Does it trigger from the on-camera flash? I have a Canon 40D. Can it trigger from 580EXII?

Sorry, I feel like such a rookie here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back