Voigtlaender 35mm Nokton f/1.2

I

Iron Flatline

Well, I dropped my lens today from a five-foot high shelf. A rather fancy Voigtlaender "Nokton" 35mm f/1.2. It's a big heavy lens by Rangefinder standards - by SLR standards it's the size of a 50mm lens. I pulled my foot out of the way to avoid injury, and it bounced off the (thinly) carpeted floor.

I've shot 50 frames with it at various apertures to check the damage, and it's flawless.

The thing is a tank...

Here's an image that on my monitor is about 3/4 scale to real-life:

nokton35vm.jpg

After showing that, I hope you are prepared to pay for the costs of cleaning :drool: off my carpet...

... another nail in the coffin of my financial solvency, as I am losing my brave struggle to not buy a Voigtlander. :mrgreen:

Can you say "One Point Two"?

Oh, and for those of you who don't know RF lenses, it may only be the size of a 50mm SLR lens, but it weighs as much as a 70-200mm. It is SOLID!

Yes it is. I got lucky, too. I bought it originally for use on the M8 (I found the Noctilux not wide enough) but it never occured to me that the older ones just jam the inside a little at shallowest focus. The new ones have a slightly adjusted bayonet. Could have really damaged my Leica...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back