1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Voigtlander Bessa-R

Discussion in 'Commercial/Product photography' started by ben492, Dec 30, 2006.

1. ben492

ben492 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here are some shots I took for eBay of my Voigtländer Bessa-R. I didn't get too into the perspective since I only had a 75mm equiv. to use with my D70. Tell me what you think. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only low quality versions for now, sorry.

2. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

I see a lot of white... IMO quite a bit of cropping is in order. Personally I'd prefer closer shots too to give a better idea of the condition of the camera (at this size I can't tell whether there's any minor scratches or marks).

3. fmw

fmw TPF Noob!

I agree. Also the first shot is overexposed or has less contrast than it should. A shot of a camera should be pretty detailed and close up, I think.. Something like this shot of my Mamiya 645E, as an example:

[​IMG]

4. THORHAMMER

THORHAMMER TPF Noob!

I tried to take the periscope off one of those once so I could do street shots from the hip. the winder was sooo loud everyone thought I was a terrorist.. lol

It wasnt a 645, i think an earlier model where the viewfinder comes off.
    Still I love the relative simplicity and quality in the shots,.

i thought it was a good idea at the time... lol

5. ben492

ben492 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks guys, just remembered I made this thread. It's nice to see some constructive criticism, since it's something you don't find on a lot of forums.

I forgot to mention this was my first time doing any kind of product photography, and looking back I seem almost scared of getting too close in. So much so, in fact, that I was way to far out. I agree, it should fill almost the entire frame.

I've bought myself an exposure meter since so my exposures should be spot-on now.

6. Ranger

Ranger TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have a similar Voigtländer from my Opa!

I like the photos, but I agree with the cropping. Other than that it looks great!