Voigtlander Vitomatic II

I'm still in stalk-mode for the time being. ;) Who knows if anything will come of it, though! :mrgreen:

terri said:
I'm still in stalk-mode for the time being. ;) Who knows if anything will come of it, though! :mrgreen:

Dang!!! So many Leicas, so little time... :wink:

Let me know when you decide to take the first step, I'll help you with any info that I can.

Let me know when you decide to take the first step, I'll help you with any info that I can.
You're sweet to say that!! And I would really value your input, too. :thumbup:

For the moment I have a little secret....seems the hubby took pity on me and something very nice appeared at my house this weekend.

Hint: it isn't a Leica.

You're right, that is a terrible hint. :mrgreen: Stayed tuned....

Mitica100 said:
Ahhh... And all this time I thought it was named E-bite! True, true, I bite everytime I see something interesting. Speaking of which I got a F. Deckel (Munchen) folder for only 10 buckaroos!! It's a neat little camera. Will post a picture of it here:

7f_1_b.JPG

Well folks, update on this little gem. I thought it might be a 35mm or 127 size German folder. I was only half right. It is a Korelle and it is shooting 120 in 6x4.5. It came rather dusty and dirty, I spent a decent amount of time cleaning it the other day but the lens came out sparkling clean, the shutter still works well (1932 production) and the bellows are fine. It's a strut folder, very cute when I open it up. Also the viewfinder on top can be flipped 180 degrees. A rather interesting little gem...​

It is awfully neat looking. :thumbup: And you can hardly argue with the price, so if it's cleaned up nicely and the bellows are tight, I'd say you have a fun little toy, there.

I'd like to try a 6x4.5 format sometime. It would have to be inexpensive at this point, though. ;)

i need help so maybe someone on this site will be able too. i have aquired my grandfathers cameras from my mom...she said they might be worth money...he died in 1967 soo they are old because they were his. my mom says one is from germany. anyway i have in cases, what looks like a vitomatic 2 camera...doing research i assume about 1959. dont know if it works. i also have what looks like a camera made in hong kong...i cant see a clear name but what the writting says on the lense is Halina Anastigmat 1:3.5 f=45mm that is around the lense and it says engraved at the top HALINA 25X

each have their origonal carrying case the vitomatic's says WEST GERMANY so i assume it is from there...the Halina has a hard leather case as well. i have what looks like a flash thing that would go on top of a camera in a seperate bag with all except light bulb. and what looks like a timer in its own case as well as a string thing that looks like you can set up camera and take picture my pulling it. they all go into a case that looks like it is from the time but not with the cameras but they do fit perfectly so i dont know. well i was going to give these away to my teacher but he suggested they might be worth money if old. he has not seen them so i would not know. so i have searched the web for info on value and all i could find is this for getting help that is. what is the value of the cameras individually and for everything in which i have described. a lot to ask so assuming they work, how much? and also what you might think if they dont. they look in good shape but looks are only half of it. need your advise asap. PLEASE EMAIL ME for i will not be on this comp much longer and the site might be lost. thankyou JOSH (you can post on thread too but i might not find it)

[email protected]

turbotbird16 said:
i need help so maybe someone on this site will be able too. i have aquired my grandfathers cameras from my mom...she said they might be worth money...he died in 1967 soo they are old because they were his. my mom says one is from germany. anyway i have in cases, what looks like a vitomatic 2 camera...doing research i assume about 1959. dont know if it works. i also have what looks like a camera made in hong kong...i cant see a clear name but what the writting says on the lense is Halina Anastigmat 1:3.5 f=45mm that is around the lense and it says engraved at the top HALINA 25X

each have their origonal carrying case the vitomatic's says WEST GERMANY so i assume it is from there...the Halina has a hard leather case as well. i have what looks like a flash thing that would go on top of a camera in a seperate bag with all except light bulb. and what looks like a timer in its own case as well as a string thing that looks like you can set up camera and take picture my pulling it. they all go into a case that looks like it is from the time but not with the cameras but they do fit perfectly so i dont know. well i was going to give these away to my teacher but he suggested they might be worth money if old. he has not seen them so i would not know. so i have searched the web for info on value and all i could find is this for getting help that is. what is the value of the cameras individually and for everything in which i have described. a lot to ask so assuming they work, how much? and also what you might think if they dont. they look in good shape but looks are only half of it. need your advise asap. PLEASE EMAIL ME for i will not be on this comp much longer and the site might be lost. thankyou JOSH (you can post on thread too but i might not find it)

[email protected]

I looked up your cameras and this is what I know:

Halina 35 (or 25) is not worth much, like many cameras made in Hong Kong. Usually they are cheap copies of some European camera, most likely German. The Halina, in good condition (functioning shutter, clear glass, covering intact) will fetch anywhere between $15.00 and $20.00 The extra flash and case won't raise the price on this camera and there are not many out there looking to collect cameras from Hong Kong.

The Vitomatic is made by Voigtländer in Germany and has a beautiful lens, the Skopar (or the Lanthar on some models). It's a very sturdy camera and nicely finished. In good condition (see above) it might fetch between $40.00 and $60.00 There are quite a few people on Ebay buying the Voigtländers.

Hope this helps.

D.

saw one of those proximeters on ebay ...very cool :D almost bought it myself even without a camera for it...thot i'd get one later. Those Vitomatics are nice solid cameras.

I've just bought a Canon Canonet QL17 G-III...nice collectible rangefinder....seals are blown and there's fungus on the lens...gonna try that sun trick first but may have to go inside ...is there any way of loosening those dang front rings that hold the lens in place? I'm just using a single small screwdriver and am scared crapless of gouging out the lens.

JonK said:
saw one of those proximeters on ebay ...very cool :D almost bought it myself even without a camera for it...thot i'd get one later. Those Vitomatics are nice solid cameras.

I've just bought a Canon Canonet QL17 G-III...nice collectible rangefinder....seals are blown and there's fungus on the lens...gonna try that sun trick first but may have to go inside ...is there any way of loosening those dang front rings that hold the lens in place? I'm just using a single small screwdriver and am scared crapless of gouging out the lens.

Jon, do the lens holding rings have notches? If so you might need a spanner wrench (on Ebay or at Micro Tools). If it does not, then you can improvise this way:

-take a wooden dowel of a diameter slightly less than the diameter of the inside of the lens;
-glue to it a circular piece of rubber of the same diameter as the rod (a strong glue is preferred) and let cure overnight;
-place the rubber/dowel tool with the rubber on the lens ring, apply pressure on it and twist CCW;
-the rings should come off easily.

Word of advice: if the lens' curvature seems to be higher than the holding rings you will need to replace the above tool with some rubber furniture legs (the tubular type, that you slip over the legs of a chair) of the same diameter as the lens' rings and do it the same way as above.

In other words, make sure that pressure is applied only to the rings and not the glass of the lens.

Hope this helps... ;)

Jon, if you don't want to spend $$ on spanner wrenches, then buy some cheap long nosed pliers and file the tips carefully until they're of the same thickness as the notches. But be careful, chances are you'll scratch the metal, or even worse, the glass.

thanks for the advice mitica...think I'll have to possibly go with the second suggestion as the lens bulges quite a bit.
As for Micro Tools....awesome place ..they have everything...unfortunately they choose to soak anyone outside the U.S. on shipping charges (i'm talking $25USD to ship anything to Canada) so I've been finding similar items on ebay.

Most reactions

Back