Volleyball Unigames

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The girls from QUT dragged me along again. Funny I rocked up with my UQ jumper on. QUT was playing UQ at the time and then the people couldn't figure out why the QUT girls came and greeted me instead of their opponents :)

Anyway here's the result. Few of them actually show proper gameplay, and some are downright absurd (SCU vs SCU decided to stop playing seriously and see who could get the most airtime when they saw I was taking photos).

#1 Portrait of the team:
DSC_2679-Edit.jpg

DSC_2393.jpg

DSC_2353.jpg

#4 QUT refing QUT vs QUT. At least he's not biased.
DSC_2397.jpg

DSC_2464.jpg

DSC_2559-2.jpg

#7 Start of the sillyness, this one went in too:
DSC_2511.jpg

DSC_2543.jpg

DSC_2554.jpg

#10 One for the ladies:
c0063535.jpg

#11 Another? ;) :
55b9668b.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Wonderful series! (I still can't figure out how beach volleyball became an olympic sport, but what the hey ... )

I'm waiting for Olympic golf. I don't understand how the olympics classifies sport. Wasn't it all traditionally track and field?

nice shots!!! well done

I like the way you freeze them in mid motion. Can you do that consistently, and what camera are you using for them?

nice shots... but in regards to #7... isnt that illegal in volleyball???? :)

No, you can do it and I have seen it done. Laciga even tried it in the Olympics, but was not successful in one of his fits.

Not sure about in game but in this case it was illegal, because that was a serve LOL. The ref (in photo 6) called foul but no one paid attention. Plus the other team was drunk so no one cared. It was a stupid time they just tried to get as much air time as possible.

Why would someone consider this in the olympics >_<

Early does the camera matter? I didn't even have fast shooting enabled, I just selectively timed my photos. The trick is to shoot with both eyes open that way you can see the action even during the shutter blackout. D200 by the way, and I was nice and close so a 28-70mm lens used mostly around the 35-50 region.

Great series! #8 is my fave!

Why would someone consider this in the olympics >_<

Did you see the US vs Russia semifinal indoor game. in the 5th set the ball was blocked and a Russian kicked the ball (by chance, but you can do it intentionally too) and their team got another shot, but still lost the point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back