Volunteer Photographer

almost all of my pictures are from my mommy group on meetup.com!

Kelly, I would probably change the price of the package #2 because it is just double package #1... in order to be a best deal, it should be cheaper I think. ex: package #1 $50 and Package #2 $90? or just add something to package #2 to keep your prices rounded...

Also, I have been told I should put more value on my work and talent, people know it doesn't cost $15 to print an 8X10...

meetup.com is awesome! Thats where my playgroup and my co-op preschool is. I get all my models from that group of friends pretty much.

For variety, you might also consider taking photos for animal shelters - they are often in need of decent photos for their websites and usually what they have up does not make the animals look appealing/adoptable at all.

I actually did contact one and they said I had to do 15 hours of training to "work with the animals" which included photos. Its 2 saturdays. I understand why, its just not going to work for me. They have the WORST photos too. All three of our dogs were rescues, so I totally support rescue orgs. But 2 saturdays to take photos is a bit much for me.

Well that is nuts. I'd try a different shelter - there are tons of no-kill shelters and breed rescue groups in the area.

Same here I want more practice!!! But I just moved to a new city and I have limited transportation .... I want to craigslist it...to find more people but I'm worried i'll run into some ... "weird" people =*(

Goodluck on finding people! I'm in the same boat you are!!! I'm scared of approaching new people if it's not by word of mouth =*(

Yeah but sometimes the weird ones can be the most unique subjects! Just meet'em and shoot publicly only where plenty of people are close enough for safety.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back