Vomit and some other things.

TheMagnumDash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When you're dating an artsy girl, you can get away with a lot of things. Apperently pictures of them throwing up at lunchtime is one of them.
(Don't worry, I helped clean up. I'm not a total dick!)
Rey_Lorentz_has_a_bad_day__by_TheMagnumDash.jpg

She even struck a nice pose, I think.

This one is a friend of mine sitting in a very dangerous spot. On a handrail, leaning against a wall, with a 10-15 foot drop beneath her.
087d289d1b51e3e6.jpg

Erm the first seems a bit bizarre... Why would you shoot photos of your girlfriend vomiting? Why was she even vomiting at lunchtime?

Second is way underexposed. They work better in B&W than they do in colour though, that's for sure.

Why would you shoot photos of your girlfriend vomiting?

I don't know if I would do it, but I think this turned out pretty well. Would it have been different if it were a staged image?

I hate to keep this at the top, because the vomit is disgusting, but I have to ask something. When your girlfriend said: "I'm gonna hurl!" was your first reaction to whip your camera out and capture the moment for all-time? Looks like it. How romantic.

Ok, I really don't care about the why. People do things I don't agree with daily. Maybe she wanted him to shoot the picture. Maybe it's staged. Maybe he is a dick. The fact is that it doesn't really matter. Overall, it's a very powerful image, I think, and one that I don't think I've seen before. A young, probably pretty girl crouched down, bracing herself against the wall, to do something you don't usually think of a young, pretty girl doing.

Not to say that I'd put a copy of this on my wall, but that's just my own tastes.

Hahaha - I love it! What a stylish pose to throw up in :lol:

And how nice you set the exposure - nice line of "flowing" vomit --- you must have damn good reflexes :lol:

Ok, I really don't care about the why. People do things I don't agree with daily. Maybe she wanted him to shoot the picture. Maybe it's staged. Maybe he is a dick. The fact is that it doesn't really matter. Overall, it's a very powerful image, I think, and one that I don't think I've seen before. A young, probably pretty girl crouched down, bracing herself against the wall, to do something you don't usually think of a young, pretty girl doing.

Not to say that I'd put a copy of this on my wall, but that's just my own tastes.

This post sums up my thoughts pretty well. I love the picture. Also, to be honest, not knowing "why" kind of makes it more interesting, or at the very least, more memorable.

Most reactions

Back