Voodoocat's Zion Galleries

So, we were basically all on our own for the entire day...how RARE a thing is that? It was great!

The thing we noticed about Zion is how easy it is to get away from people (always our aim). :wink: Aside from passing on trails, etc, if you get off the trail just a bit, or go just a little farther, you look around and realize you haven't seen another person in over an hour.

I second Chases's assessment: It's great! :cheer:

Yes Orie, I shot some panf during the Narrows hike. I still need to develop it.

Kyle is a friend of mine here in Phoenix. I didn't want to rent a car for the weekend so I invited him.

Chase said:
voodoocat said:
Kyle is a friend of mine here in Phoenix. I didn't want to rent a car for the weekend so I invited him.

You rented a friend instead of renting a car?!? :lol:

:smileys: Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Good choice of friends to rent! Kyle was really a cool guy. Make sure you get him to join the forum. :D

The one you're calling "overlook", #7 up there, part 2 of day 2 with the lens flare - is the shizzitt, baby!! :D It's beautifully composed, sharp, and I'm in love with the sunrays and that touch of lens flare. I admit, lens flare usually doesn't bother me at all, anyway - not one bit. I find it typically adds drama or a romantic feel to an image that it wouldn't have without it. I appreciate that it's generally considered a technical error and something to be avoided, but to that I simply say: phhfffttt. :wink:

Well, I have to go look at some more of them, but I saw this one first and had to stop everything and babble to you about it. :D

Manda: when you're there....you're kind of in awe, looking up, all around....the people around you are doing the same thing, you're not really focusing on each other anymore....they fade to the background and you know you have, too....kinda hard to explain, but....

be glad with the people shots we did get! :wink:

manda said:
Beautiful photographs Voo.

Not enough people shots. :?

I'm the one that took all of the people shots. :D Must be all of those years shooting portraits. Voods seemed to stick to shooting the surrounding scenery. It was absolutely awesome! Although I think he did get a hell of a shot of me with my mouth wide open. :eek:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back