Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Absolutely Not!

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ in that vein I find it out of taste for you to put this poll up in the first place.
I agree. Especially if, as the poll taker, you can see who voted in what way. (I don't know if that's the case that you can, but I suspect it might be.)
I don't necessarily think so. The question is not "Will you make me a mod?" but "How would you feel about me being a mod?" They're fundamentally different. The former implies that how you answer this poll may actually cause something to happen one way or another. It will not.

There was no other way for me to find out how people would feel except to ask.

Oh c'mon, it had to be more than idle curiosity for you to 'put yourself out there' in a thread titled "Vote Max Bloom Critique Mod", with the first words being "Seriously. After all, I did help engineer the new critique forum". And then there's your signature which states in boldface type: "Vote Max Bloom for Critique Forum Moderator!" and links to this poll. Sounds more like 'vote for me' than 'let me know what you think'. It's disingenuous for you to profess otherwise, or to point to the disclaimer paragraph about it supposedly being a pipe dream.

I have to run at the moment but will post my response later. Probably a long one.

Thorough yet succinct would be appreciated, at least by me.

this is a joke i would rather remove myself or get banned than put up with more crap from max i said a big NO NO NO NO oh and NO

Yikes!!!

Forgot one,...

Name/nominate two other members that you think would create a well-rounded critique panel with you. Or, in lieu of names, list technical levels and personality attributes.

oh and a forver note i have seen max work and if his stuff was any good i would agree with all but he isent even good so how can somone who isent good @ photography himself be a Critique???

Yikes!!!

Forgot one,...

Name/nominate two other members that you think would create a well-rounded critique panel with you. Or, in lieu of names, list technical levels and personality attributes.

i certainly would not be on that list ... by no ones standards :lmao:

vote for pedro

:lol: ok that gets my vote :lol:

napoleon-dynamite-dance.gif

I voted ambivalent (oh... big word *rolls eyes*) leaning towards no for the reasons already outlined. Your approach lacks... shall we say humility?

i certainly would not be on that list ... by no ones standards :lmao:

You should have seen some of the dream-team pre-edits. :biglaugh:

In the meantime, a couple questions for everyone:

Since a growing amount of 'voters' seem to know what a critic isn't;

What attributes should a 'good' critic have?

Is a critique better done by a panel rather than an individual?

I'm getting a slightly uneasy feeling that some are confusing two issues here:

1. The actual critiqueing of material in 'General Critical Analysis'
  2. The moderation of 1 above
In my mind these are two rather different animals, as related as they may be.

My understanding is that Max is presenting himself for a role in #2 - we get #1 anyway, it's a given that all TPF members can offer their critique or otherwise in whatever capacity they feel comfortable with.

What I want to know is what it is that Max feels is wrong/inadequate about #2, that makes him feel that a different approach is needed.

You should have seen some of the dream-team pre-edits. :biglaugh:

In the meantime, a couple questions for everyone:

Since a growing amount of 'voters' seem to know what a critic isn't;

What attributes should a 'good' critic have?

Is a critique better done by a panel rather than an individual?

First the person should think before they open their mouth.(that is not a reference to you Abraxas) Not everyone here is a professional, and me for one, still suck at photography, and Im not afraid to admit it. One reason Im still here. :er::grumpy::er: But to have some yak, go on in the matter that has been done is not right. The forum was fine before we had all this new ego thuggery join up, and Im not just going to single out Max Headbloom but a few others as well. You can give critique without the attitude. Im on 4 different forums, and they seem to be able to do it there without all the b!tching. Why do we need an individual who thinks he is better then everyone to run a section. There are a lot of talented photogs on here, and some with a lot more technical experience then others. People need to get off their horses and realize that not all of us apprecaite the attitude of certain members. I would personally rather see them take their attitude some place else.

I wish to rescind my vote, please.

I was drinking last night and todays sobriety confirmed that is wasn't just a bad dream.

I wish to rescind my vote, please.

I was drinking last night and todays sobriety confirmed that is wasn't just a bad dream.

Tore your chad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back