VR/IS attachment

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anybody developed or marketed a VR or IS attachment? It could mount in the same place a teleconverter would but it would allow any lens to become VR or IS (whatever you want to call it).

Has anybody marketed one?

the stabilization is within the lens right? Putting a piece next to the lens between it and the camera wouldnt stabilize it.

Can't see it working. If you assume that the VR wouldn't be as good as Canon/Nikon and maybe offers a 1-2 stop improvement, it would be negated by the reduction in max aperture.

At least that's my guess...

Technically...I imagine it could be done. However, I doubt it could be done as well as in-lens stabilization and there would be other problems like loss of light & image quality.

Interesting idea though.

Ditto. Companies have either gone for lens-based systems to best counter vibration with a specific lens, or body-based systems to offer a reasonable reduction of the effects of vibration with any lens. I honestly can't see how a system in between would be as good as either of those. Plus as mentioned it would act as a teleconverter, reducing max aperture, and noticeably reducing image quality unless it had really good glass which would make it more expensive. So no, I can't see it happening.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back