w/c of these digital cams?

I'd think twice about buying any camera from a person whose e-mail address starts with smokeweed.

deb said:
I'd think twice about buying any camera from a person whose e-mail address starts with smokeweed.

pls. stick to the question.. i need to know w/c is the best out of those brands.. i'm thinking of that 6MP camera, is that a good choice??

yeah that's what i'm thinking.. but on that price i could only buy 3MP on a branded one like canon.. are there any big difference between a 6MP & 3MP digicam??

Megapixels are just one variable in the equation. What about the lens? 11 megapixels with a shoddy lens isn't a good buy. You want the elements to minimize distortion and "haloing" while giving a good sharp image. Do you want creative control or point and shoot? How much do you want to invest?

Minolta has come out with a line of 3 to 6 megapixel camera with an exceptional lens and many features (Z1, Z2 and Z3). The are available here at Wal-Mart starting for $300 to $400.

Canon has some similar products, but a lot of their consumer models are the compact type.

Kyocera, Fuji, Olympus and Kodak also make consumer grade digitals with a reputation for quality.

You may want to invest $5 or $6 in a digital camera buyer's guide. The guide will review the various cameras available, compare the features and help you decide what you are looking for.

so now what can you recomend for the best Digital Camera out of my $200?? :roll:

I agree with D.Matt.... you get what you pay for. Save your money and get a camera that you will enjoy using and not just settle for. I made that mistake with a Sony cybershot. It's a great camera at the time for the money, but I regret not putting a bit more effort into getting one more to my liking. Which is what I'm doing now...save,save,save.

Name brands like Canon, Nikon, etc... are usually safe bets and memory cards are NOT cheap.

Just keep in mind what you are going to be using it for and what kind of photos you want to create.

Check out e-bay. I think they have a used Kyocere 2100dg. It is a 2 mp digital point and shoot. The camera came out about 1999 and sold for close to $1000. I have one, and I still use it. I will email you some pics I made with it if you are interested.

I have two other digitals have more features and more mp, but I still use the Kyocera when I'm hiking or just don't want to wag a lot of gear along.

I would have to agree with some of the others on this topic. I would save a little extra cash and get something worth your money. $200 for a digital camera isn't much to spend. "you get what you pay for."

Another thing you need to look at is what are you going to use it for? If its just for casual use, you're ok at $200. If you want some manual controls and want to learn and grow into photography, you'll be bored right away with the $200 camera. Believe me, I've been through 5 cameras in the last two years. I think I'm done now! lol.

Ebay does have some good deals out there though. I have my previous one out there right now. It sounds like it is out of your price range though. But it has been a he** of a good camera for me. Lots of extras if you want to get started.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3837103021&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Good luck on your quest. Post more questions if you have them. There are some pretty sharp folks on this forum.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
everytime i'm going out, out in the road & going in provinces, i always see things that are perfect to shoot & that inspires me get a digicam.. but right now i'm thinking of Canon F65, 'coz i know someone who's selling it at $127.00 & it is slightly used.... want to start photograpy & grow my knowledge on it..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back