w00t!

this "w00t" word belongs to a subculture I am not involved in, so does "facebook".

I do "google" from time to time though, which also became a verb in a way.

oh, and I will take revenge for that snowball ... little Penguin!

That seems like a fair trick .... I will chek what failures in my life I could blame him for. :mrgreen:

Not entirely original though, think you find one or two well documented historical examples where it's been used on a rather larger scale unfortunately

Not entirely original though, think you find one or two well documented historical examples where it's been used on a rather larger scale unfortunately

After I che(c)ked, I will blame you for documenting my miserable spelling abilities!

That seems like a fair trick .... I will check what failures in my life I could blame him for. :mrgreen:
I'm not blaming him for failures, I'm blaming him for constantly posting stuff I have to look up in order to understand. Gotta say, though, the results are invariably entertaining, informative and/or funny. So I wasn't complaining.

Go on, 'youse guys', do your worst. (Hmmmpf, you throw like girls)

I must say I did find it tricky trying to explain why I wasn't personally responsible for both World Wars, the fall of Carthage and the Black Death. Then I ruined it by poking the chief prosecutor up the arse with a stick.

This Spandau place isn't too bad...

myspace is also a verb. its interesting that facebook made it and myspace didnt.

myspace is also a verb. its interesting that facebook made it and myspace didnt.
the runners up were:

2. facebook
3. conundrum
4. quixotic
5. blamestorm
6. sardoodledom
7. apathetic
8. Pecksniffian
9. hypocrite
10. charlatan

Also, a further article I read clarified that w00t isn't yet in the main Merriam-Webster dictionary, although it's in the online open dictionary.

Is it just me, or have you also not heard of words 6 and 8? (I know of Dickens' Pecksniff, but 'Pecksniffian' as a current word??!!)

what makes something worthy to be nominated for "word of the year"?

Most reactions

Back