Wacom Pads

If you can afford the Intuos, I'd go for that.

Pen & Tablet editing is fantastic, I highly recommend it.

+1. i prefer the bigger tablets but biggest isn't necessarily best. some people complain that the bigger tablets are more tiring on the arm to use. the tablet is calibrated to the size of your monitor. more expensive equals more pressure levels of sensitivity. beyond a certain point, it doesn't seem to make much of a noticeable difference IMO. certainly a big increase in price though. money maybe better spent on glass or a good 2nd monitor.

+1. i prefer the bigger tablets but biggest isn't necessarily best. some people complain that the bigger tablets are more tiring on the arm to use. the tablet is calibrated to the size of your monitor. more expensive equals more pressure levels of sensitivity. beyond a certain point, it doesn't seem to make much of a noticeable difference IMO. certainly a big increase in price though. money maybe better spent on glass or a good 2nd monitor.

yeah, although i dont really see any lenses that i want that are for 250 or lower, i already have the 50mm f/1.8

and i already have 2 22'' acer monitors

I have the bamboo pen & touch and I love it. It's my first tablet and the size has yet to be a problem for me. Highly recommend this one - so easy to learn to use!

i use a trackball mouse in combination with the tablet. i bought it as an experiment to see if it made 'painting' certain shapes like curves easier in ArtRage. it doesn't do this better than my tablet but..the trackball is great to use in GIMP for selecting areas (i.e cropping), critical adjustment of tone-curves and applying blends. i prefer using it to a standard mouse.

trackball.jpg

I use an Intuos4 medium and absolutely love it (I moved to it from a trackball and wouldn't consider going back). I think the large would be too big and tiresome. I found a decent price for it on Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023RT0QI/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: Acad INTUOS4 Medium Pen Tablet Includes Bundled Software Downloads: Electronics[/ame]

I use an Intuos4 medium and absolutely love it (I moved to it from a trackball and wouldn't consider going back). I think the large would be too big and tiresome. I found a decent price for it on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Acad INTUOS4 Medium Pen Tablet Includes Bundled Software Downloads: Electronics

wow, thanks

yeah im pretty sure i wanna get this

however what do you think i should do more

Save for the D90 ( i have the D3000 and have about 350 USD )

OR

should i get this and make photo editing easier, ( i also plan on doing alot of digital design in college and in the future )

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
agreed...if you have the cash...throw it at the intuos.
if youre unsure and wanna keep cost down...go for the bamboo. i have one and i havent noticed any difference between that and the better one i have at work...same pressure resolution and everything.

i also work the logitech trackman w/ bamboo combo.

love it.

bump, i need an opinion on this decision between the D90 and wacom intuos4, i already have a d3000

YOu don't need the d90 as of yet. You are a beginner and the d3000 is fine. The d90 is considered a semi-pro camera by some and a high end a consumer camera by others.

You really only should consider buying a new body when the body you currently have is lacking in something you need (or you have $$ to throw away). If your d3000 is doing what you need to do, then go for the tablet (or glass).

I use the Bamboo too, and love it. I bought it for the size, it fits perfectly on my computer desk. I love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back