Wacom Tablet

heymickey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello - I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Wacom Tablets. I am specifically looking into the bamboo based on price (I've found it in the $50 price range). I've never used a tablet before so I am leary to spend a ton of money on one since I do not know how frequently I will be using it for photography and graphic design purposes.

I do not know a lot about the technical aspects and interface so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have used Wacom's pen tablets for years.

I rarely use a mouse anymore, instead using my tablet pen for all my photo editing, graphics work and web surfing.

I currently use the Wacom Intuos 4 Medium:

WrkStatn1-2-10_0028.jpg

C'mon... admit it.... you just like showing off your desk. :lol:

I have used Wacom's pen tablets for years.

I rarely use a mouse anymore, instead using my tablet pen for all my photo editing, graphics work and web surfing.

I currently use the Wacom Intuos 4 Medium:

:thumbup: Use the same tablet and love it. Don't know about the Bamboo but the Intous 4 is great. Price is greater than the Bamboo as well.

I am not used Wacom's tablets.I am used only graphics tablet.A graphics tablet consists of a flat surface upon which the user may "draw" an image using an attached stylus, a pen-like drawing apparatus.The image generally does not appear on the tablet itself but, rather, is displayed on the computer monitor.

I am not used Wacom's tablets.I am used only graphics tablet.A graphics tablet consists of a flat surface upon which the user may "draw" an image using an attached stylus, a pen-like drawing apparatus.The image generally does not appear on the tablet itself but, rather, is displayed on the computer monitor.

You mean like that big black rectangular thing in the center of the desk in front of the center monitor in KmH's photo. That's the Wacom Intuos 4 graphics tablet.

I've used Wacoms since 1994. I don't think I could use a computer without one honestly. I mean, I could, but i'd be limited to a lot of things.

You mean like that big black rectangular thing in the center of the desk in front of the center monitor in KmH's photo. That's the Wacom Intuos 4 graphics tablet.
The pen is vertical in a holder just to the right of the top right corner of the tablet.

The pen holder also holds various tips I can put in the pen. the pens has switches on it equivelent to the left and right click on a mouse and I can flick a web page to replace a mouse scroll wheel.

For web surfing the pen doesn't have to actually touch the tablet, it just has to be close.

The pen is vertical in a holder just to the right of the top right corner of the tablet.

The pen holder also holds various tips I can put in the pen. the pens has switches on it equivelent to the left and right click on a mouse and I can flick a web page to replace a mouse scroll wheel.

For web surfing the pen doesn't have to actually touch the tablet, it just has to be close.

Hey, nobody was talking about the pen, just tablets. :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back