Waiting For The Dinner Bell.

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by Bifurcator, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was with friend so spaced off setting the camera correctly but this one came out kinda OK. (proof I'll stoop to using ANY excuse! :D)

[​IMG]
    Scaled in PS to 60% and cropped. Flashed, 1/200, F3.5, 200mm Macro, Subject distance: 13cm (aprox.).

[​IMG]
    Scaled in PS to 30% and cropped. Flashed, 1/200, F3.5, 200mm Macro, Subject distance: 13cm (aprox.).

I thought they were cool (even though I forgot to set the camera's aperture) because you can kinda tell he's using his front paws (do spiders have paws?) to sense vibration across the main net he wove.

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Hard to get a sense of perspective on that; how big is he? (She?)

3. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the body is real close to 1.5cm in length (which is about 1/2 an inch). I guess if we put him on The Rack we could get a 5cm spread from his two longest opposing legs before there was trouble for the little guy. I dunno if it's a male or female - nor how to tell. I think it's done by looking at the joint that attaches the main body to the butt - on the underside. If someone knows for sure please chime in - by all means.

There's 4 or 5 more of him but they were all shot at 3.5 (silly me) so they're not real great. :p