Waiting to rock

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by mygreenbird007, Jun 1, 2009.

1. mygreenbird007

mygreenbird007 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I'm not crazy about this shot, but I wanted to get impressions and tips on what you might have done to make it better. I feel like the angle wasn't optimal, not sure. I shot it from a few viewpoints and this was the best. Any post-processing tips are appreciated!

Bare strobe, camera left. Little to none ambient light to work with. Feel free to ask for more technical info.; I'm happy to post EXIF data.

2. Sleepy_Sentry

Sleepy_Sentry TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    First off, the colors are very vibrant and the contrast is great. The guitars really pop out and come to life.

The angle is a bit too ordinary for my taste. Did you try a shot from below the guitars? Placing the camera about ten inches out from the first guitar and pointing it up at an extreme angle could get you a pretty cool shot.

Overall, it's a very good composition.

3. mygreenbird007

mygreenbird007 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the note - I'll have to try to angle from below next time. I was on the stage right before the performance. I envisioned a top angle shot, but just couldn't get it right!

4. scarfy

scarfy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    if you have a 2nd flash or light i'd put it facing the guitar to eliminate shadow as well. awesome shot, looks like it could be in a guitar catalog.