Waiting

tsien

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yesterday I took a look at my image diaries. The realization that I'm getting older and older through years of wandering suddenly struck me down. Once it was exciting to see and record, now things look merely a deja vu. Without inner passions fired up, however, images turn out to be less meaningful to me.

I wish to know how this picture would work for you.

seblue.jpg

To tell you the truth, it's kind of depressing. I see a lot of seperation here. Is this a new picture since you have not been feeling artistic because after reading your intro, that's what the picture feels like.

Photo block sucks. You'll get out of it. ;)

As for the technical of the photo, I'd say it really sends out a message. I'd crop a little off the top because there is a little too much sky.

I'm sorry, tsein, I just can't connect with it. From your intro, it sounds as if the image conjures up some sensitive memories for you. I'll probably get flak for my negative comment :oops:

I find it mostly mono-tone, noisy, and too soft. It's probably a nice print that your scanning proccess didn't handle well.

I'm gonna ignore your intro and say I like it. I've come back to this all day and am drawn to it for some reason; but quite honestly, I can't tell you why. Your intro IMHO ruined this posting.

Canonrebel, that's not negative at all. The thing I appreciate most is I come to see how you viewed the photo. And thanks Hobbes and Jonmikal and this special community for what I've benefitted from here, which is a lot more than what I have so far contributed.

I myself now have great difficulty in connecting to it. I can't understand what has become of me since the time when I took the photo. Hope time would eventually help.

tsien said:
I can't understand what has become of me since the time when I took the photo. Hope time would eventually help.

Sometimes you have to put things down for a while and come back to them later...as I do with my guitar. I'm a frustrated musician! ARGH!!!

I've been interested in photography for 25+ years and sometimes feel the way you have described, but my love for the art keeps me going. Sometimes you need a kick-start to get you motivated again; i.e. new equipment, new editing software or surrounding yourself with other photobugs! However, your current struggles may be deeper. Regardless, I like your contributions very much and expect to see many more soon! :thumbsup:

Strange that I think it's a really good image because it's got nice muted colours, right amount of sky with the colour fade and it would be just as functional as a painting which most photos wouldn't. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back