wakeskating

the fisheye would create even more of that "vig" look. its the housing that is getting in the way. The lens is too wide... Ill check out those fisheyes just for fun though. thanks!

the minimum focusing distance is .24m and the max is infinity or 1m. I tried setting it to a wide DOF (infinity, f/7) and it was okay. until the rider was really where i wanted the shot, then he was out of focus. In that picture he is about 6 inches to a foot away from me. So maybe i might just set the focus for that shot in particular (closest focal point, .24m) and then flip the camera to MF. do you think that would be a better way to go? Then just focus for the particular shot i want?

Stickman, I'll just buy all new stuff. Its worth it to ge the shot... right????

just messin with ya! i use an EWA marine underwater housing. so no worries if i fall in :)

this is whats going on....
firstfisheyetubeshotsdirkalex451.jpg

firstfisheyetubeshotsdirkalex455.jpg

firstfisheyetubeshotsdirkalex458.jpg

yummy....
firstfisheyetubeshotsdirkalex471.jpg

holy crap you are gutzy for being out there with ur camera i would never try that without a water proof case for it.

That’s dark maybe to dark with out a flash.
Where these taken with the D40 or D300?
Have you try the D300 at ISO3200?

Have you thought about using a flash? Mounted on the tow tower?

PS: I don’t want sound like your mother but you really should have a helmet

Last edited:
yeah jeff, i was thinkin the same exact thing about the iso. Thats part of the reason why its blurry... iso was set at 200 :( And it is my friends housing. the one i'm getting has a flash mount. I had so many shots that woulda been $$$ if i had a flash. I was using the D300. I hate forgetting about the iso. when you get exited, you tend to forget important things. (new lens, first time shooting from a tube etc) so you can say my mind was elsewhere haha

The flash on the tower is a good idea too. Could i do that in commander mode?

I'll move a little further away next time and zoom a little. I might put on the 18-55.

--The flash on the tower is a good idea too. Could i do that in commander mode?--

I not sure, but would guess maybe. Because that wound require a dedicated remote system that works with the camera (in your case with Nikon).

The dedicated wireless remote systems that the different camera manufactures offer use optical inferred. So they require some line of sight to work. MAYBE you can use the 3 foot dedicated off camera flash cord and strap the flash master/commander over the back of your vest or shorts, that may work. I think 9 feet is the longest cable Nikon makes so a wired remote is not possible

Most radio remotes are non-dedicated so you would need to shoot manual exposure. The flash manual should have some recommended setting for high-speed shooting. I did recently see a review (but can’t recall where) about a new radio remote on the market that’s an inferred hybrid that could work.

Last edited:
wow jeff great idea!!! thanks a bunch. I'll look into that remote. But first ill just try it with commander mode in my camera.

thasnk roentarre, its difficult, but your having so much fun you dont even care

added a few more pics from the second round.

tell me how you like em or dont like em

ahh wakeskating is so much fun, wish it wasnt so cold so i could still go haha.
Cool shots though!

Wake skating looks mad hard.. u gatta be able to pop a wet board of water do a trick and land on the other side of the wake... i think ill just stick to normal skating =] great shots btw

thanks jeff.

rom, thanks! and wakeskating is mad fun though. It doesnt eat your skin like pavement does.

Most reactions

Back