Walace Lake, NE Ohio

canonrebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
WalaceLake.jpg

Beautiful colors, and I like the foreground texture of the grasses. But the big, empty, white sky takes a lot out of it.

Yes, very nice. Rich color. I like the way the dip in the treeline at right makes space for the overhanging branches. Is this from last fall?

ya, the sky is blown out. anything at all there that you could pull out with a contrast boost in ps?
i agree re: the colors- very nice. i also like the natural diagonal created by that row of reeds that extends from the lower left foreground into the middle right midground- gives the photo a feeling of depth.

The grass texture is interesting, but there's a bit much of it for me. I'd crop up to just above that odd green leaf in the lower left, down to get rid of about half the sky, and in from the left to about half of that tree. These elements are good for framing what I see as the main subject, the trees in the distance, but right now they are all fighting for my attention, since they each take up a large portion of the image.

ThanX for the comments, everyone.
The original shot above was taken last fall with a canon A-1/Vivitar 28-85, Slik 212 tripod, Aperture Priority/Depth-of-field preview. Developed at Wallgreens. A 8x10 print was Scanned on an HP 5470 at 1200 resolution and resized in PS to 900 ppi at 72 res.

Osmer_Toby said:
ya, the sky is blown out. anything at all there that you could pull out with a contrast boost in ps?
i agree re: the colors- very nice. i also like the natural diagonal created by that row of reeds that extends from the lower left foreground into the middle right midground- gives the photo a feeling of depth.

:) LOL. I was trying to stay away from PS as much as possible in order to adhere more to a pure camera concept
rather than manipulation and I also didn't want any simblance of a sky competing with the fall colors; but..........

any sky would be better than a sky that's blown out, huh?
WalaceLakec.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back